Want To Indulge In Thermal

I was told yesterday a 4 month wait on the XQ 50 lrf

I have ordered the xq38f which should be two weeks hopefully.

I can also get the xq50 Lrf next month, but I'm not sure that's the one I want to go for yet, have several other options I am looking at for the scope.

Like what if you don't mind me asking ?

I done mind anyone asking, the more ideas and opinions the better.

On the shortlist are

Pulsar xq50lrf

ATN 50mm

WT1 75-3

All have pros and cons, the wt seems to have the best reputation and image quality is far superior the pulsar and ATN, but performance comes at a massive price.

ATN seem to be on par with the pulsar, but more pricey, the plus about them is they are English made (having just waited 8 months for a n550 to be repaired/serviced by pulsar).

Am open to all opinions and suggestions.

WT1 75-3 nice bit of kit but so it should be at that price ,the only down side no range finder and IMO Pulsar LRF wins hands down for airgun use

• Like 1

I can also get the xq50 Lrf next month, but I'm not sure that's the one I want to go for yet, have several other options I am looking at for the scope.

On the shortlist are

Pulsar xq50lrf

ATN 50mm

WT1 75-3

All have pros and cons, the wt seems to have the best reputation and image quality is far superior the pulsar and ATN, but performance comes at a massive price.

ATN seem to be on par with the pulsar, but more pricey, the plus about them is they are English made (having just waited 8 months for a n550 to be repaired/serviced by pulsar).

WT1 75-3 nice bit of kit but so it should be at that price ,the only down side no range finder and IMO Pulsar LRF wins hands down for airgun use

Yes your right on all counts but not sure the pulsar wins hands down, it's hard decision seen as hardly any of them want you to actually look through a unit in anything other than test conditions if your lucky !

That's one point the ATN wins hands down on, I have the chance to test the complete range, at night, in the field, with no pressure to buy, now that's the kind of service that gets my vote and just the sort of thing that swings opinions.

• Like 2

On the shortlist are

Pulsar xq50lrf

ATN 50mm

WT1 75-3

Yes your right on all counts but not sure the pulsar wins hands down, it's hard decision seen as hardly any of them want you to actually look through a unit in anything other than test conditions if your lucky !

That's one point the ATN wins hands down on, I have the chance to test the complete range, at night, in the field, with no pressure to buy, now that's the kind of service that gets my vote and just the sort of thing that swings opinions.

Let us know how you get on with the ATN ,be interesting your thoughts on it

Cheers , Mitch

• Like 1

On the shortlist are

Pulsar xq50lrf

ATN 50mm

WT1 75-3

Let us know how you get on with the ATN ,be interesting your thoughts on it

Cheers , Mitch

Will do, I won't be doing anything on the scope front until the xq38f arrives first week of September though, that way I will have an idea what I am looking at.

• Like 2

I will add to this, I have spoken to IanB on the phone about thermal and came away impressed that he didn't try and sell me any old thing, he asked plenty of questions what I was needing, explained the pros and cons of all the kit, not just what he had for sale but also pointed me where to look if what I wanted wasn't what he had ! Yes I agreed a deal on a spotter with him but at no point felt pressure to buy, he just offered what I wanted/needed at the best price I had heard after speaking to lots of companies, yet to fill the scope slot, will see how I get on with a spotter, but I will say ianb is well worth talking to.

• Like 1

I bought the xq50 scope off ian and I guarantee you wont be disappointed -I struggled with the zero side of things but was lucky to have pav living close to me to help me out and I know its a lump of money but it will pay back in fun -billy

• Like 2