I Am In Love

Rabid

Had a call from the neighbouring farmer earlier about an issue, whilst on phone he said he had cut half a field of oats today that borders my place, so I asked if he saw many rabbits, he didn't know but said he suspected they would be out on the stubble tonight and if I wanted to have a look around I was welcome.

I charged the cricket up, and loaded a couple of mags, soon as it was dark I stepped out the door, it was pissing it down so I stepped right back in !

Change of plan, grabbed my lamp and jumped in the truck, Mrs came for a look as well, had a look around my place on the way and saw a couple but nowt much, pulled into the oat field and it was alive, rabbits, hares, foxes and munt.

Drove round the field twice, shot over 20 bunnies, drove round a third time to pick them up, managed to find 9 ! So I am officially in love with the cricket and the n870lrf, but.....I need thermal to find them afterwards, an enjoyable hour out none the less.

post-85496-0-87181300-1503265382_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Had one on my wish list for ages, but tonight really peed me off not finding half of them, it's a must have now, just need to decide if I get a handheld and still use the Nv for the rifle, or go whole hog and get thermal scope.

• Like 1

Had one on my wish list for ages, but tonight really peed me off not finding half of them, it's a must have now, just need to decide if I get a handheld and still use the Nv for the rifle, or go whole hog and get thermal scope.

Go for the whole hog , it's only a few quid more in the grand scheme of things

If you don't ,you will only regret it soon after :thumbs:

• Like 2

You lazy git Rob ,

Get walking the field in the morning with that ridge back , he'd find em for you ! , lol

Good shooting mate

I normally take one of the dogs with me and they pick up, or at least find them, but left them at home last night, too bloody busy to spend hours walking the fields at the mo,

Unless all them foxes have had them by then

Atb

last night was the first one I seen for a few weeks.

Go for the whole hog , it's only a few quid more in the grand scheme of things

If you don't ,you will only regret it soon after :thumbs:

Yeah that was my original thinking, but was concerned if the picture was good enough to recognise what I was shooting hence using the Nv for the shot after spotting, if only you could go and look through them.

• Like 2

Sell the nv. Buy a thermal scope and if you're struggling to see what you're shooting get a nv spotter

Simples.

You can afford it Rob

I like the Nv so doubt I would sell it, not just yet anyway, but am thinking a scope and spotter in thermal would be the nuts, worked hard for it bry and its no fecking use in me grave !

• Like 2

Sell the nv. Buy a thermal scope and if you're struggling to see what you're shooting get a nv spotter

Simples.

You can afford it Rob

I like the Nv so doubt I would sell it, not just yet anyway, but am thinking a scope and spotter in thermal would be the nuts, worked hard for it bry and its no fecking use in me grave !

You're spot on there mate.

You're a long time dead and can't take it with you. You can't leave it to the family without the government wanting their piece of the pie.

Get it spent pal

• Like 2