Classified Information

Used to always be a lakey called Tyson at stud I think, . Never here of all of them 'great lookers ", and names no more. Just like alot of the aftermath of them was honestly rubbish workers in the real world

Tyson was a border with the foxfinn prefex pabs around 2000? ,couple of lads I know had a lining from him, dug to a few from him, some good some bad. Atb dc
It was always at stud and winning shows down country £100 fee to cover ya bitch.never seen it but I know a few who did and said he was a tiny little thing.
he threw pups of a handy size, bitches were small and narrow, the dogs could be rough and didn't learn discretion, can't remember any making old bones if I'm honest.they were all gone after a few yrs lads back to the black dogs. Atb dc

When I was doing a lot of digging with my borders and I won plenty of shows to there was a few lads told me about how small Tyson was and it was winning everything down country.i liked the look of him in the shooting news but didn't know if the lad worked him,but the lads I knew who had seen him said mine was a better size and stamp so I never bothered to go and check him over.i got to the stage mine was getting to hard for there own good so only getting 5 digs a season because of the straight they were getting in plus they were mute on the dogs but the bitches mixed and bayed spot on.i was going to go out with jeff felaroni until he passed away when he came up to my place as I gave him a good deerhoundxgreyhound bitch to run with his dog.

• Like 3

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Adrian Simpson if I remember correctly and wrote some great articles back a few years.

I used to park my van in a little village where i got picked up to go further on to work.In this village lived a chap i had worked with for a couple of years previous.One evening i arrived back from m

Posted Images

Used to always be a lakey called Tyson at stud I think, . Never here of all of them 'great lookers ", and names no more. Just like alot of the aftermath of them was honestly rubbish workers in the real world

Tyson was a border with the foxfinn prefex pabs around 2000? ,couple of lads I know had a lining from him, dug to a few from him, some good some bad. Atb dc
It was always at stud and winning shows down country £100 fee to cover ya bitch.never seen it but I know a few who did and said he was a tiny little thing.
he threw pups of a handy size, bitches were small and narrow, the dogs could be rough and didn't learn discretion, can't remember any making old bones if I'm honest.they were all gone after a few yrs lads back to the black dogs. Atb dc
When I was doing a lot of digging with my borders and I won plenty of shows to there was a few lads told me about how small Tyson was and it was winning everything down country.i liked the look of him in the shooting news but didn't know if the lad worked him,but the lads I knew who had seen him said mine was a better size and stamp so I never bothered to go and check him over.i got to the stage mine was getting to hard for there own good so only getting 5 digs a season because of the straight they were getting in plus they were mute on the dogs but the bitches mixed and bayed spot on.i was going to go out with jeff felaroni until he passed away when he came up to my place as I gave him a good deerhoundxgreyhound bitch to run with his dog.
How are the borders doing now! You still got them

How are the borders doing now! You still got them

Yes mate but jacked in going out since I lost my guns through my youngest step son so everything he could use for hunting went,37yrs hobby down the drain plus these muppets that drive the land and kill stuff and leave it peed me off to.ive said for a few years now the dog game is fecked because of the next generation has no respect so they ruin it then move onto something else.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

post-96774-0-91698100-1504990368_thumb.jpgpost-96774-0-04876100-1504990396_thumb.jpgpost-96774-0-72859400-1504990428_thumb.jpgpost-96774-0-60410500-1504990448_thumb.jpgpost-96774-0-67811300-1504990471_thumb.jpgpost-96774-0-89645900-1504990498_thumb.jpgpost-96774-0-34093200-1504990544_thumb.jpg

A few more classified pages from the recent (?) past.

I have always found the dogs at public stud thing fascinating. How much influence have certain dogs had on breeds/types by being available to anyone with the price of the stud fee? Not that I've ever had anything that would warrant being put at public stud but even if I had it's my worst nightmare. Strangers/idiots/time wasters, not to mention those with hidden agendas being invited onto your property. Is it still a thing?

• Like 2

I know what you mean about the photo being a famous one and a picture of good history lol. I remember my mate when we was young showing it and buzzing off what a character and them days. This was out of plummers good old modern book, one shared for everyone in the vicinity lol. Also what you said , about his dogs and controversy in times and breed, that also something, thanks for sharing. Wish I had a few old shooting news to put up lol .a man i knew when we was young used to have a bedroom nearly full of them, forgive the exaggeration. He went on to become a well known terrier man who was certainly good at his stuff

It's funny back then it seams the border and Russell were a common working terrier and now I would imagine there is only a hand full of true borders left working which is really a pitty as it seams black is the way forward

It may be that the Border as a working terrier is going the way of the Dodo but I'm sure that there are people still quietly going about their business keeping them going. I would say though that the Border has had more of an influence on the modern working types that many people are aware of or would like to admit. I think it is wrong to generalise when it comes to terriers as to how they work. If you have a good Border then he is too hard etc. It depends on the family of dogs, not really the "breed" that dictates how they work. What the Border has always brought to the table are good coats and strong heads. A quick fix, depending on the colour of your chosen "breed".

• Like 2