The Truth About Popular Culture

he is taken a break from his website for the time being.his youtube page is very good and always calls it as it is.

Yeah I seen that Fed up with the ever growing censorship I think in the next couple years we are going to see the emergence of anti YouTube anti Google platforms really taking hold :thumbs:

• Like 3

There IS a popular culture among today's youth !

They all want to be black.......innit !

I cringe when I see all the bros hanging around the shops listening to that black gangster rap shit.

Caps on backwards, trousers round their knees, riding the little brother's bike ?

• Like 1

I cringe when I see all the bros hanging around the shops listening to that black gangster rap shit.

Caps on backwards, trousers round their knees, riding the little brother's bike ?

LOL I thought it was just exclusive to the council estate I live on.

No, mate ! We get them round here. I once came out of the off license (I was topping the electric key up !) and I almost broke my neck on a bike discarded right outside the door. The lad laughed, but he didn't see the funny side when I started jumping my 15 1/2 stone up and down on it......

F*** 'em.......jumped up little tw4ts !

• Like 6

No, mate ! We get them round here. I once came out of the off license (I was topping the electric key up !) and I almost broke my neck on a bike discarded right outside the door. The lad laughed, but he didn't see the funny side when I started jumping my 15 1/2 stone up and down on it......

Watch out for the drive by shooters, I can see it now, bmx riding pop out gat wielding hammerheads be fecked

Watch out for the drive by shooters, I can see it now, bmx riding pop out gat wielding hammerheads be fecked

Mate, I'm no tough guy, but the day I'm scared of some spotty pillock with a bad attitude, who can't even manage to put his hat on the right way round, will be a cold day in Hell !

Too many people are intimidated by these prats, but when you front them out, they've got nothing......

• Like 2

You do know that the telly, and the computer, have an off switch? :hmm:

1ue6eq.jpg

Very true mate but one person isn't a culture we are bombarded by this shite from every angle ..us of a certain age are lucky because we know different we had alternative culture movements to broaden our cultural landscape and challenge the status quo kids need a way to revolt I just don't see anything good growing out of the sterile manufactured environment kids now find themselves infact quite the opposite because now this is the mainstream the moral anchor is a drift. How can there be a modern punk type movement when the modern status quo is already so shocking .
  • Like 3

If you went back a generation I'm sure they'd look at punk in a similar fashion.

I get what you're saying, mate, the meme was a bit of a crack but no one is forced to watch this shite. As accepting as I am with people's rights to an expression I don't necessarily like the content of what's put out. I switch the damn thing off.

I have a television in my house, I'm not completely backwards, but it plays DVD's and occasionally streams Netflix. I'm out of the range of terrestrial television so no joy there. I refuse to pay for satellite for the reasons you've posted.

I look at this like I do the mobile phone. Every seems to think you have to have it. We don't you've just been sold something that we've been told is a necessity. Remember when we were kids, and we were out fishing or with the ferret and the nets? No moby, three telly channels. Now it's apple this or samsung that. There was a thread here about which Sky package to buy. How much does that necessity run at?

The point is that if you buy this you own it. The channels that put out this shit, we're consuming it. We need to stop consuming it. You won't change society overnight but if you turn it off and explain why maybe just maybe we'll move in a different direction. If we don't... well at least you won't be subsidizing this shit. :laugh:

• Like 1

I'm sure they thought you were well 'ard ;)

I guarantee him and his pals still piss themselves over that display to this day :laugh:

I mean a grown man totally losing it and jumping all over a kids bike? More than a little pathetic don't you think?

• Like 1