Hw97 New Piston Looks Good

Charlie Caller just very kindly fitted a Tinbum drop-in kit into my Pro Sport and with a good fettle, lube and polish internally, he has transformed the rifle into a smoother cocking, smoother shooting, precision-hunting powerhouse with PCP-level precision accuracy at 11.5+ with JSB Heavies 5.52mm.

It has to be, now, one of the very best Pro Sports out there and the whole kit cost all of £25 quid.

So how good must these tuning jobs costing over £100 to £200 must be? For that money I would want nothing less than precision accuracy and smooth-as-silk cocking and firing . :hmm:

Did you add the short stroke extension by any chance. I have read of issues with it because the the cocking action on the pro sport. Looking to fit the standard drop in but dubious about the SSE...thanks

All I know is my HW95 tuned by Dave Price (wonkey donkey) is something else . I shot a home tuned 95 before sending mine off and yes it shot nice ,but when mine came back ,it shot totally different than the home tuned ,

SO WHAT YOU SAYING IS US HOME TUNERS DONT NO WHAT WE ARE DOING THEN

iv had some of the rifles iv had and tuned compared to sfs tuned rifles and lads have say,d mine was better

and a kit costing £170 or £130 wants to be made out of gold imo

like rez say,s de,grease re,grease,, polish and put back together

pellets in the pocket and go shooting

IF YOU MUST GET RID OF THE RECOIL

BUY A FECKING PCP AND BE DONE WITH

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

All I know is my HW95 tuned by Dave Price (wonkey donkey) is something else . I shot a home tuned 95 before sending mine off and yes it shot nice ,but when mine came back ,it shot totally different than the home tuned ,

SO WHAT YOU SAYING IS US HOME TUNERS DONT NO WHAT WE ARE DOING THEN

iv had some of the rifles iv had and tuned compared to sfs tuned rifles and lads have say,d mine was better

and a kit costing £170 or £130 wants to be made out of gold imo

like rez say,s de,grease re,grease,, polish and put back together

pellets in the pocket and go shooting

IF YOU MUST GET RID OF THE RECOIL

BUY A FECKING PCP AND BE DONE WITH

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Where did i say that then ?

I have home tuned both of my 97 and after one been to a so called airgun tuner near me and now both shoot very nice now and like i said 95 is something else , lock time is very quick ,cocks far better ,hardly any muzzle flip , (which 95 does suffer from ) and a lot quieter al round .

The person up the gun club who tuned his 95 , shot mine and he said what a difference it is copaired to his, but so it should with the money it cost !!

I can believe your home tuned guns might be better than some of the SFS stuff ,My 95 is far superior than my IMP IMO apart from the trigger on the IMP which is very nice .

I have also shot a home tuned 99 and i must say that is just as good as the IMP and costing a lot less .

I suggest go back to bed the get up out of the other side you grumpy old git or is it the wrong time of the month for you :tongue2::laugh::thumbs:

• Like 1

Charlie Caller just very kindly fitted a Tinbum drop-in kit into my Pro Sport and with a good fettle, lube and polish internally, he has transformed the rifle into a smoother cocking, smoother shooting, precision-hunting powerhouse with PCP-level precision accuracy at 11.5+ with JSB Heavies 5.52mm.

It has to be, now, one of the very best Pro Sports out there and the whole kit cost all of £25 quid.

So how good must these tuning jobs costing over £100 to £200 must be? For that money I would want nothing less than precision accuracy and smooth-as-silk cocking and firing . :hmm:

Did you add the short stroke extension by any chance. I have read of issues with it because the the cocking action on the pro sport. Looking to fit the standard drop in but dubious about the SSE...thanks

No I wanted to improve the rifle, not ruin it lol.

• Like 2

I fitted the short stroke to my mates ps .177

put it this way I've not put one in mine :thumbs:

• Like 3

cheers, I'd heard it buggered up the rifle but wasnt sure. Will just put the top hats and washers in then

Edited by stecorr
  • Like 1