Lucky Bred Pups

11 hours ago, arcticgun said:

It is what it is mate aint it., too many believe the hype and bullshit, look on this thread people expecting 15 month old pups too catch three out of three late November early December, and why? cos they bred from parents that did? or grandparents that did? or cos they seen some shady clips of named dogs killing multiple hares, so fair does buy one and you can hardly go wrong eh? lmfao if only t was that easy eh pal?

Its a real good job the law sees fit too make sure these sort of people legally cant dispose of their own children when they don't shine or do the required tasks lol

the simple fact is dogs miss hares anyone telling you that they don't is deluded , more so when they are younger and learning the game, remember sometimes the quarry steps up forced by nature and sometimes it up too the dog man too see this and pull the dog back,  re enter when going is better, race horse owners would do the same, as would greyhound racers, its showing a bit of respect for your young dog

This young dog aint no 3/3 killer so its not like he is going back over , he just stopped making progress when the hares got too strong I reckon,  as many have and will if you aint giving them a couple of seasons (as an adult)  its really not worth bothering n the first instance imho when it comes to coursing, you become just another lad who buys every top end pup and plays rinse and repeat it will cost you a lot of money and heart ache

This winter has produced some stinking days its been colder for longer spells than last few year, heard of plenty of named dogs missing hares days they stepped up, who can honestly get consistent runs for their dogs, everyone is looking out too stop you and I mean everyone, keepers farmers public shooters walkers do gooders, people happy to point video cameras at you and confront you gang handed, don't get me wrong its been asked for a select few have decided that walking the land and trying to blend is not quit for them and they prefer to drive the land and take on all comers regardless of the cost to the public peoples lives their own included, property is at risk as well,

Ive seen the videos n pictures of the divvies acting up that have circulated around the net and phones but it comes to something when other dogmen take pleasure in posting them up on here, what you lads different to us?  you need to look down on us? we not all savages that wage war on the countryside , I know loads of decent coursing men who don't want to even go out at the minute cos things so bad, the lads that park up and walk the land, we get the flak for the ones you see in the videos dirct face too face, we surely don't deserve that? we aint driving, we aint abusing anyone nor are we threatening anyone when confronted most of us apologise and leave that's if we even seen in first instance,

The people that do the things in the videos may well choose lamping or daytime ferreting next once they forced out of coursing , they the sort that ruin your Saturday night out with the missus by causing trouble in the pub or restaurant or spoil your family holiday turning up mob handed and creating a scene, you cant stop them anymore than we can, nor can the police or so it seems, but please don't give them any more air space than they have already stolen they aint worth it and it will be used against us and other dogmen theres no doubt about that

none of the above s pointed at anyone in particular lol I hope these pups do come good, its a shitty winter for a young dog too be facing, I'm leased I have no young dogs to enter this season, the last few been a lot easier imho,

Mate . I know of a repeat litter , where most of second litter have cocked . The first litter were all brought on correctly.  But when the repeat litter wasn' yet mature . They were hammered onn and expected to be like there older siblings . Madness

• Like 1

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you might know the sort of dog you want buddy, many do , watch a few videos will soon sort that out for anyone interested, getting one a different story altogether as your finding out, the next pup yo

Posted Images

Don’t matter how good or bad lads are if dogs not got it in it it ain’t going do it . Can’t make a silk purse out pigs ear ..all you can do is do your best get dog fit bring it on steady and hope it does the job you got it for. Same as terrier lads there’s lads who have had lines for generations producing workers of quality standards but there’s also a lot that dont make it ...more so than the ones that do 

I agree navek but surely knowing how to enter a dog and knowing your dog without over matching it at a young age surely plays a part I'm sure there's  more pups ruined by inpatient handlers  because they have the breeding than those that make it sometimes pulling a pup out of a situation does it more good than harm 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Navek said:

Don’t matter how good or bad lads are if dogs not got it in it it ain’t going do it . Can’t make a silk purse out pigs ear ..all you can do is do your best get dog fit bring it on steady and hope it does the job you got it for. Same as terrier lads there’s lads who have had lines for generations producing workers of quality standards but there’s also a lot that dont make it ...more so than the ones that do 

Any man breeding from a line of terriers that is producing more failures than workers needs his head examined. Every line has failures but when they outweigh the workers something has went badly wrong.

• Like 1
Just now, dogmandont said:

Any man breeding from a line of terriers that is producing more failures than workers needs his head examined. Every line has failures but when they outweigh the workers something has went badly wrong.

Didn’t mean from the same line meant terriers in general .how many make good dogs are there compared to ones that don’t make it ..when I said breedin lines for generations producing quality workers but there’s also ones that don’t make it i ment not all  pups from litters will work all of the time so if you think of how many litters are bred a year and how many of them  pups become good dogs 

54 minutes ago, blackmaggie said:

Ben that happens whether there day dogs right through to bull xs it boils down to lads knowing there dogs and there capabilities and how to bring them on its no coincidence that good lads always have good dogs about them 

That was my point in general?

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Navek said:

Didn’t mean from the same line meant terriers in general .how many make good dogs are there compared to ones that don’t make it ..when I said breedin lines for generations producing quality workers but there’s also ones that don’t make it i ment not all  pups from litters will work all of the time so if you think of how many litters are bred a year and how many of them  pups become good dogs 

I get what your saying but if their breeding is right and entered right then the percentage of workers should be pretty high. 

I'm with Katchum,a coursing dog X lurcher offers far more in general to most folk than a purpose bred one trick pony..I'd prefer to own a one minute gung ho all or nothing attacker rather than see a five minute slog to run one into submission although each has its gains on different types of land which is quite obvious I'd of thought..not all dogs make the grade no matter how well bred they are & have been fed/entered to work,as for catching in the snow I'd rather do that than run them in July/August stubble bashing that's for sure..

• Like 3