Lucky Bred Pups

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you might know the sort of dog you want buddy, many do , watch a few videos will soon sort that out for anyone interested, getting one a different story altogether as your finding out, the next pup yo

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, arcticgun said:

you might know the sort of dog you want buddy, many do , watch a few videos will soon sort that out for anyone interested, getting one a different story altogether as your finding out, the next pup your on about buying sire n dam been grafted for five solid seasons? heres news this the first solid season for a while hence a lot of dogs struggling , well in the real world , I hear it first hand day n day out and see it when I'm out and I will include my own in that as well and they are older, I aint been as consistent as I could or should of been to be running that sort of quarry and its shown at times, so I sort of feel for any younger less experienced dog facing it to be honest,

if the dog aint what you consider it should be then the least you can do is learn from it, whilst you waiting for your new pup, set about making the very best f this one, get it fit again and some and re enter and run it see what comes you will learn something I'm sure which should benefit your next one, but please don't be dluded into thinking anyone can sell you a guarantee they cant and if they say they can run a mile out of their yard mate s my advice, best they can sell you is raw material with the attributes to become what you want, ive found the better coursers have a real affinity with their dogs and don't give up at the first few hurdles, they persevere I know plenty good dogs out their that could of been written off as younger dogs, theres something too learn off every dog you own

100% I agree with you and the next pup I'm waiting on has never been marketed as a sure thing, but there's hours of footage of both parents doing the job I want a dog to do, and the sire is the best producing dog around at the moment in my opinion so as far as I can see that' the best place to be going for a pup, this dogs not just going to get discarded because it misses a few hares, but I'm being realistic here, the type of dog im looking for doesn't come around often and they can't all make the grade that's just life, I'm not going to fill myself dull of false hope and if I don't feel like the dog is up to the standard I'm willing to accept then it doesn't make me stupid to get rid and start again, I think the people who lie to themselves and make excuses will never get that special animal that I want that's just my opinion

Special dogs aren't only born they're also made. Do the owners of these super dogs ever post footage of there dogs having a bad day? Na didn't think so it would fcuk up there sales pitch. Those dogs could be missing as many as there killing. As far as I can see most coursers are only in it for the £ and bragging rights and only a small few have a real passion for it and true understanding of there animals.

• Like 5
27 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Special dogs aren't only born they're also made. Do the owners of these super dogs ever post footage of there dogs having a bad day? Na didn't think so it would fcuk up there sales pitch. Those dogs could be missing as many as there killing. As far as I can see most coursers are only in it for the £ and bragging rights and only a small few have a real passion for it and true understanding of there animals.

There's alot of jealousy in dogs, I'd rather say well done to the lads who own these special dogs and hope that I get one myself one day, instead of your attitude putting them down and saying they probably miss loads as well, everyone's different but I think with dogs you can only make them as good as they can be, if they lack that natural ability a good owner can only take them so far, they need to have it in them to begin with, and if I don' think a dogs got it then I won't waste years kidding myself, but like i said im out plenty over the next few weeks and this dog will get plenty of chances to impress, So we'll see how he gets on, he's in the best condition I've seen him in and he's keen to go so there'll be no excuses 

Men that need to brag about their couser,s in today,s conditions are basically full of bull shit. 3 up 3 down at 15 months forgetting to mention its on the lamp.  Plenty of old time coursing lads are tending to run the same dogs on for 4/5 seasons as the games f****d at the minute and the amount of young stock being bred from the son of the son of or the Grandaughter of is amazing mediocre stock being sold or raffled for top dollar. Sorry for the genuine younger lads trying to get out and do it right its hard work and the clowns in the circus don,t help matters.

Edited by desertbred
grammar
  • Like 4
30 minutes ago, chrissi19 said:

There's alot of jealousy in dogs, I'd rather say well done to the lads who own these special dogs and hope that I get one myself one day, instead of your attitude putting them down and saying they probably miss loads as well, everyone's different but I think with dogs you can only make them as good as they can be, if they lack that natural ability a good owner can only take them so far, they need to have it in them to begin with, and if I don' think a dogs got it then I won't waste years kidding myself, but like i said im out plenty over the next few weeks and this dog will get plenty of chances to impress, So we'll see how he gets on, he's in the best condition I've seen him in and he's keen to go so there'll be no excuses 

How do you know they aren't missing loads?  As db said any man that feels the need to post vids of there dogs all over social media in this day and age don't think that much of coursing if you ask me. It's a sales pitch pure and simple, one that you have already fallen for. Lol.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

How do you know they aren't missing loads?  As db said any man that feels the need to post vids of there dogs all over social media in this day and age don't think that much of coursing if you ask me. It's a sales pitch pure and simple, one that you have already fallen for. Lol.

Me personally I'd rather go buy a pup out of 2 dogs I can see hours of footage of, or do you suggest getting a pup off these guys that kill numbers every week but don' take any pics or videos because 'it's too hot' ? the same guys that always say they'l get a day out with you but they're always too busy or they'e dogs injured ? think I know which litter id rather go for

When I was a kid, we was told storeys about mythical hares, that just couldn't be killed.

Now todays youngsters are told the storey of mythical dogs that NEVER missed.

Unfortunately both are just storeys.

Give the pup a chance, most dont blossom until there second full season.

It takes a proper dog ( fit, mature and educated) to take "3" December hares under fare law.

1 minute ago, slip lead said:

When I was a kid, we was told storeys about mythical hares, that just couldn't be killed.

Now todays youngsters are told the storey of mythical dogs that NEVER missed.

Unfortunately both are just storeys.

Give the pup a chance, most dont blossom until there second full season.

It takes a proper dog ( fit, mature and educated) to take "3" December hares under fare law.

Fair law...... Another thing that's just a story. Lol. 

44 minutes ago, chrissi19 said:

Me personally I'd rather go buy a pup out of 2 dogs I can see hours of footage of, or do you suggest getting a pup off these guys that kill numbers every week but don' take any pics or videos because 'it's too hot' ? the same guys that always say they'l get a day out with you but they're always too busy or they'e dogs injured ? think I know which litter id rather go for

How do all the other dog lads get by? Be it rabbiting, foxing are whatever do they need to see hours and hours of dam and sire working before they choose a pup. lol.