Little Brother

after realising how much I like the hw97 in .22 I wanted to see if the .177 version could be tamed as well cos

I really prefer .177 for the fields but like 22 round the farm buildings for close to medium range!

so I picked this up after work.

post-102306-0-55940600-1502998037_thumb.jpeg

only put a few shots though to see how it was running... it was proper snappy with a bit of a bite and the cocking was ropey!

it was bone dry inside and for a change the spring wasn't blathered in grease!

post-102306-0-94304500-1502998222_thumb.jpeg

so I stripped it down, id already decided if I wanted to get the best out of it I was going to fit a full vortek kit and breach seal!

so I emailed tony and ordered one a few days ago :thumbs:

I polished all the vital parts ...

and sorted all the cocking track edges.. they run smooth as you like if you do this!

before and after.. check out the rust that was under the piston seal :blink:

post-102306-0-50063100-1502998678_thumb.jpg

post-102306-0-41839800-1502998725_thumb.jpeg

I fitted the new breach seal and had to re-size the piston seal.. not a hard job but the last two piston seals I've fitted both dropped straight in

with no fettling!

post-102306-0-69495900-1502998928_thumb.jpg

all put back together now running smoothly with a slight nudge, and no snap!

needs bedding in so ill be removing the one washer I put in once it levels out...

its now running at this but it'll creep up

post-102306-0-52787400-1502999174_thumb.jpeg

ill stick some lead through it in the morning and maybe take it out when jimmy and Ethan land!

think I'm gonna like this one ;)

atb si

• Like 7

Kinellll. You sellin your arse or somethin? All these guns ya buying :)

How many you got now?

haha... I sold me arse to satan years ago Rez

na thats me done with spending for a while now... been working like a d!ckhead lately so its been treat time!

and the answer to your question!! too many :laugh:

how did you get on at the hft last week ?!

• Like 1

Well in Si ,my Welsh willy kit arrived yesturday so Saturday is strip and rebuild day,never have too many rifles just in case you know ,just in case .Will see what difference it makes to the range and power .

Hope Ethan ,Mac and yourself have a good 1 and you christian the 97 atb

• Like 1

Well in Si ,my Welsh willy kit arrived yesturday so Saturday is strip and rebuild day,never have too many rifles just in case you know ,just in case .Will see what difference it makes to the range and power .

Hope Ethan ,Mac and yourself have a good 1 and you christian the 97 atb

cheers Baldcoot

never fitted a welsh willy but I've herd good things about them :thumbs:

atb si

That looks a beautiful job of polishing and honing you've done here Si. I'd love a shot with your HW97. Mine's doing lovely on H&N FTT in 4.50 cal. But I'm pondering on trying these JSB Express in her too.

Fantastic rifles these. You'll bring home many enjoyable memories of cracking shooting with it. :thumbs:

ATB

Simon

• Like 1

That looks a beautiful job of polishing and honing you've done here Si. I'd love a shot with your HW97. Mine's doing lovely on H&N FTT in 4.50 cal. But I'm pondering on trying these JSB Express in her too.

Fantastic rifles these. You'll bring home many enjoyable memories of cracking shooting with it. :thumbs:

ATB

Simon

cheers Simon

got to confess I enjoy stripping rifles and trying to improve them!

and this 97 is sweet as a nut now :thumbs:

looking forward to the field test tomorrow.... only tried the heavys so far but I'm a big fan of the heavier pellets in .177

atb si

• Like 1