Pardet Mullet

Going to have a few mornings trying to hook one of these big flathead mullet , hav tried many times to tempt one but the have just ignored anything I've chucked there way after a while you get the idea that they algae feeders , having put a post up on here a few year back there's not much if any info on these big ok mullet except for this guy Timmy mullet he's seems a dab hand at mullet and as caught a few parset on fly, so going by wat he says il be casting shrimp patterns in the private bird sanctuarys that hold a few parset in the med next wk the smallest I've seen over the years is around 7 8lb biggest I seen bout 12 I be happy just to see one come for the fly be good get a hook up they spose to take off

post-99468-0-35735000-1502998584_thumb.jpg

post-99468-0-26367900-1502998600_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Only ever fished for them in santorini Greece, used bread and caught 2 fish no bigger than a pound or two... They are solid to hook , highly addictive mind trying lol. I assume it's the States you will be fishing? Will that be in the keys? Hope you hook up... No doubt you will enjoy the trip no matter the out come ;) atb dc

• Like 2

Only ever fished for them in santorini Greece, used bread and caught 2 fish no bigger than a pound or two... They are solid to hook , highly addictive mind trying lol. I assume it's the States you will be fishing? Will that be in the keys? Hope you hook up... No doubt you will enjoy the trip no matter the out come ;) atb dc

im over in portugal , ive had a few grey mullet on fly over the years but these yellow looking mullet dont take bread corn etc proper head scratchers think they just shrimp feeders so the mullet man says :thumbs:

• Like 2

Well I only had a couple of hr on them , they are b*****ds I spent N hr watching them no more than a dozen fish some in groups some single , I sort of broke it down that they don't like a rod waving about and if the leed fish says no then the rest won't look , I had 3 fish turn and look and 2 follow with interest and they were loner crushing fish I changed fly 4 times to get the response but all in all they not hanging themselves lol gonner give it another go and colour up a few shrimp patterns

post-99468-0-21231600-1503689682_thumb.jpg

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 3

Yep I fluffed me best chance , I slowly coloured up my bright Bahamian shrimp pattern to felt tip black , 1st cast to stretch the line I drew the fly right out of.a Very very interested pardet s mouth, I could of come up with a heap of reasons but the top and bottom of it was I fkd up , the early start the ripple the lack of light played there part but I drew the fly up and away from a fish that wanted the fly lol didn't see another pardet that morning see plenty of grey mullet but the bigger cousin stays uncaught for another year

post-99468-0-90333700-1503942365_thumb.jpg

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 4