18 replies to this topic

#16 Squeamish5

Squeamish5

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:07 pm

Yep Camber side. Never seen them so close in and lived here 28 years. Old boy I know says he remembers once seeing whitebait, followed by mackerel, followed by dolphins.

Used to know it as Dengemarsh Beach, 4 of us camped on the beach for 3 nights in October 1977. Fcuking cold was an understatement, couldn't get warm at all so no real kip, ended up shattered but I did get an 8lb cod biggest fish of the session.
I know it well fished there all the time growing up down there,used to shoot rabbits down the unused road track leading down there to the beach,fecking desolate along there winter time with that wind coming off the sea lol,also fished the big lakes near the power station for pike had some nice doubles out them,parents still live not far from there
Well this is embarrassing. I'm obvs a big fat liar, with a shamefully bad sense of direction and my local geography. Thought Camber was this side of the power station. Just been told it isn't. And laughed at.
Sorry bout that.

#17 squab

squab

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,302 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:31 pm

So where was you lol,greatstone?

#18 Squeamish5

Squeamish5

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:01 pm

So where was you lol,greatstone?

Haha no. Much further round the bay. Anyway, from what I hear, it's all just back to normal now.
Was lovely to see though, and a first for me.

#19 Arry

Arry

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:39 pm

Amazing that mate can even see ripples on their back.

Cheers Arry
  • Squeamish5 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users