Fact And Not Lies.

Earlier today while crow shooting or I should say no crow shooting as they were not where I expected them to be, I also had my FX Impact FAC .25 and decided to play at a bit of target shooting from the hide on bits of pea plants that were left from the factory units that had just finished harvesting all the pea crop.

Now whilst this was not accurate target shooting just some extreme range plinking.

A couple of hours later we were heading over to a large warren in the edge of a small wood where I had placed a hide next to the rabbit fencing, 30mt away from a superb rabbit highway or in other words, a burrow that allowed the rabbits to get out of the wood and into the field.

The sun was blasting down and the rabbits were all over the green lane near the burrow and well beyond, perhaps 20 in all. I was nowhere near the hide and had no intention of trying to crawl all the way down to the hide, too bloody old for that so instead decided to slowly stalk down the green lane towards the rabbits, most of which shot off through the tunnel but two remained.

I had left my range finder in the car so had to sort of guess what the range was, about 90mt or there abouts. I took aim after doing my best to control the breathing and let go, the rabbit simply flopped to the ground.

This is the part I am dubious about telling you because I wouldn't believe it but here goes and you have my word this is not bullshit either. I paced my way to the rabbit, my strides are certainly a yard, perhaps a metre but perhaps not every step so I will stick to my stride being about a yard ............................... 126 strides ................................... fcuk me, I thought, that cannot be right so I reversed to process 127, okay stick with my first count. The longest shot and perhaps my most irresponsible shot but it came off.

You may say what a load of bullshit but I swear to you, 126 yards / strides it is.

Phil

• Like 9

thats why the impact commands the price Phil :thumbs:

it'll do it all day long but it comes down to the bloke pulling the trigger...

do a documented range test and set your f1 at the impact point that'll put the doubters in the know :yes:

atb si

• Like 1

There's something fishy about this Phil :hmm:

A static hunter that likes comfort and Primos sticks :hmm:

...... Nah, I don't believe you walked 253 strides :laugh: :laugh: :thumbs:

Cracking shooting mate :good:

...... I keep hearing good things about those Impacts and, you've obviously gelled well with yours.

• Like 1

Iv all ways say,d an air rifle is capable of a lot more than most people think

in sub 12 or fac

as mark all ways says ,,,,if you have confidence in your kit ,,,,your half way there . :yes:

Nice shooting Phil

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

There's something fishy about this Phil :hmm:

A static hunter that likes comfort and Primos sticks :hmm:

...... Nah, I don't believe you walked 253 strides :laugh: :laugh: :thumbs:

Cracking shooting mate :good:

...... I keep hearing good things about those Impacts and, you've obviously gelled well with yours.

I must confess Jon, by the time I had walked back to the start point and back again as I was meeting my pal at the end of the wood, I was both knackered and sweating as it was bloody hot last night.

It was however worth it.

Phil

• Like 1

Playing devil's advocate for a minute, does that mean if the rabbit was 90m away like you estimated, you'd have missed it altogether?

Not having a dig, just asking. :thumbs:

No Walshie he was right the first time mate it was 90m away

iv met him and he only has short legs like Moxy

so he just can not quite make a yard step :laugh:

only saying like

O AND ANOTHER THING WALSHIE ALL MY RIFLES ARE SHE,S AND THEY HAVE NAMES :tongue2:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

I recon it's a load of bo$$ock , I know you tie your boot laises together so you don't loose a boot in the field , but for fec sake Phil , if you undid them you would get a good estimated distance of your stride , instead of 126 feet , which into yards is about 41 yards , more like the truth ,

Good shooting mate

Atb

• Like 4