Think He's Hooked!

My boy has just turned 11 and he has been on at me to do an overnight fishing trip with him for a while. Decided to tie it in with a trip in the Canadian canoe. We packed up our kit and set off at 6PM. First off we decided to trawl from the canoe with a lure as we paddled. About a mile into it we had a bend in the rod and line started to pay out. Rod in hand he reeled in a cracking bass at about 3lb. His first one and a big smile on his face! We carried on around the headland and landed on the beach. Once the tent was up we collected some wood and got the fire on the go. Just as the sun started to go down there was a lot of movement in the water and white bait started jumping. We grabbed the rods and started to cast. A few decent sized mackerel were reeled in and then my lad shouted to say he was struggling to reel this one in. I give him a little bit of a hand and he landed another bass. This one a little bit smaller. After a few pictures we put him back in the water. Once it got dark we headed back to the fire and cooked some burgers to end the night. Next day at first light we loaded the canoe up and set off back for the car. No bass this time but we landed another load of mackerel. All in all a cracking first trip for him 2 bass, 19 mackerel.....I think he's hooked!!

• Like 17

Spot on G.

Nice to see your fellow paddlers still keeping you in bass.... ;-)...lol

Some fair size mackerel there mind!

As always mate. Yeah getting some decent sizes down here. Where we went is where I will be taking you in September. Should be plenty about then. ATB

• Like 2

Boy, are you in trouble, that lad thinks it's easy and will always be looking for big bags, LOL. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: .

Hope he's now an angler for life.

He's got a sensible head on him Neil and j explained how lucky he was. Might just get him to pick my next lucky dip

P.S. with a kid that lucky, I'd have him picking my Lotto numbers, LOL.

• Like 1

You can not buy those experiences, he will remember that trip for the rest of his life and the bonding is great.

Brought back loads of memories for me, taking my lads floundering mid winter and cooking sausages on hazel sticks. Thanks for jogging the old memory.

Brillant that, atb

Cheers Arry

• Like 3