Boerboel .

They're really nice looking dogs,I've noticed a lot of them have a bowed or concave back (is it called saddle back?).

Can that cause problems?

not sure , when i see the bloke again with his dog, i will ask, think its more in the males being alot heaver than the bitches .But as i said even though i liked that bitch , i still think you get health probs with that weight they carry , other dog breeds 6 stone lighter than these , have probs , so there bound to have problems being that much bigger type dog .

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As few might know from threads on posts , that ive had bull breeds , staffs ,pits ,bullmastiffs , and latter bred, showed them in the early 80s, and was in to these breeds well before lurchers

Nice looking dogs.   Apparently they make a very good watch/guard dog.   .......I imagine that's fairly reassuring in SA

My friend has a male and tips the scales at 10stone, very active and very fit. "Edward" is a great dog and wonders his small garden/kennel blocks without a care in the world. Bloody terrified at fi

Posted Images

They're really nice looking dogs,I've noticed a lot of them have a bowed or concave back (is it called saddle back?).

Can that cause problems?

not sure , when i see the bloke again with his dog, i will ask, think its more in the males being alot heaver than the bitches .But as i said even though i liked that bitch , i still think you get health probs with that weight they carry , other dog breeds 6 stone lighter than these , have probs , so there bound to have problems being that much bigger type dog .

i have seen other mastiff breeds built like that,it's probably just the way they are.

It just looks wrong,like their back's too weak to support itself.

• Like 1

Neems my brother said that sway backed look is a combination of poor conformation and lack of muscle tone from too little exercise and poor diet. Plus older animals will start to look that way even more.

• Like 1

Looked into them but every breeder i asked about, they wanted a contract so the dog is tied down.

in what respect mate, for breeding purposes etc, or just to know where you live, and dog ended up . in one way with a contract it might stop over breeding, and keep healthy blood lines, as i said the big breeds are plagued with health probs HD etc , and these pups go for £ 1700 quid and more i want it out of healthy blood lines as possible , that young bitch in the pics comes from good lines, but still wouldn't pay the above , they all shit and piss the same , you get a gsd x collie or somthing simlar for £65 quid from the rescue center ,and guard still your house and lot more healthy than any big breeds . i do like Boerboels but wouldn't pay that daft money for any dog , :yes:

I linked this thread to my mate from s a ,

He won't input or mention out but he intensely dislikes seeing a boerbel of any sort in the uk

His reasoning is pretty valid, they are in his words,

" a dog for the farmers hey, to throw meat at from the braii and to let stretch under your feet with a beer, not to be crammed into some yard though like a kafir family " lol

I've mentioned it before with these that his brother was selling the house and the boerbel wouldn't let the black middle class family in to view the house!

A dog , imho best left in east London, sa not east London gb

• Like 1

I linked this thread to my mate from s a ,

He won't input or mention out but he intensely dislikes seeing a boerbel of any sort in the uk

His reasoning is pretty valid, they are in his words,

" a dog for the farmers hey, to throw meat at from the braii and to let stretch under your feet with a beer, not to be crammed into some yard though like a kafir family " lol

I've mentioned it before with these that his brother was selling the house and the boerbel wouldn't let the black middle class family in to view the house!

A dog , imho best left in east London, sa not east London gb

spot on , just bit of a update , the lad brought her round last night to my bungalow , we brought her in as it was pissing down, feck me are they big dog , in side you house or my case bungalow . my dogs live out side and even though Buck my 1s gsd x grey dog big compared to most other lurchers and other mid size breeds , but even this bitch who small to other male Boerboels , 4 stone bigger than Buck. She was ok nice temp and looked quite healthy as said her line have low hip score . Her dad , they said was 15 stone 5st one bigger than her , this breed to big for any house i reckon , they deff are like above out door dog, and he told me the breed are very dominant animals dogs and bitches, they had to keep on top of her, as they like to take over if you lt them, and a male would to dangerous if not trained proper deff . i do like them , but you will get health pros with any big breed , more so any dog over 100lb vet told me that as said , and the bloody price for a pup they go at (£ 1700 quid) no way would i pay that for any dog they all shit and piss, no a good old gsd x collie from a scrap yard or farm do the same job , and be healthier and bloody more cheaper :yes:

Nice looking dogs. They certainly do look the part. I've looked at a few similar dogs myself. Dogo's, Cane Corso, (the most intimidating dog I've come across), and the Boerboel as well. Not sure I'll take the plunge as I'm more leaning towards a Dutch Shepherd for guarding and companionship on the hunt. Lower feed bills for sure. ;)

Interesting dog, and thread all the same. :thumbs: