Nice To Get Out Again...

steg

Not been out for a while lads..majority of perm is crops and the moo's and horsey's do my tits in, in the other areas, so fishing takes over from around June onwards.

Just recently back from 2 weeks sunning it abroad so had a look up to see if the rape had been cut while I was away.. ?.

Took the 100kt with me and the the plan to just walk around and see what was what stopped when I saw half a dozen bunnies hop into a thick hedgeline about 80-100 yards away. Decided to just sit it out where I saw the bunnies for an hour and hoped they'd show again..

Got set up opposite the best I could with only a wire fence behind me and a few nettles/thistle for cover so chucked the ghillie suit on.

Within minutes a hare came from under the gate 30 yards to the left.. I turned the mag up to 16x on the airmax and watched it for 10 mins or so before it disappeared into longer grass. Not many around here so that one lived for another day..again! ( could have had that one a few times now.)

Managed 3 bunnies anyway lads in the space of about 90 minutes ranging from 25-40 yards with AA express 7.87grain.

LTyfMAG.jpg

2BqcXaK.jpg

Put some paper out on the way back to check holdover at 50-55 yards...

J8DspCE.jpg

Bit of a right to left breeze..nailed the holdover but not so the windage..bit rusty lads! More practice needed at that range! ?

dBILf4Y.jpg

An enjoyable few hours..

• Like 7

nice one steg :thumbs:

if you klick on the picture you in the field with that rabbit :laugh:

have a crack at flitting between the jsb heavys I bet the windage will stay the same as the express just work your drop out!

heavys handle the wind better and there good in my ks out to 70 with 3 dots!

might have to head up your way one weekend, fancy a crack at them 7lb chub :yes:

atb si

• Like 1

Anyone spot the bunny?.....

And not in piccy no.2 either you twats!

the bunny is sitting to the right of the picture you can just about make the hump in his back out from between the thistles?
?. Bunny number 1 in the bag that mate...middle one in 2nd piccy.

nice one steg :thumbs:

if you klick on the picture you in the field with that rabbit :laugh:

have a crack at flitting between the jsb heavys I bet the windage will stay the same as the express just work your drop out!

heavys handle the wind better and there good in my ks out to 70 with 3 dots!

might have to head up your way one weekend, fancy a crack at them 7lb chub :yes:

atb si

Haha..klicked on the piccy too! ?. Anytime si.. think the club does a guest ticket for a daft fiver or something.

Heavies be coming out soon..got some woodies to whack ?

• Like 1

Shooting stegosaurus. < auto correct but had to keep it.

Where's ya mod cover from mukka?

X

Ha...call me what you want Rezzy.. " The dirtier the better! " ?.

It's a Jack pyke double shotgun neoprene cover mate. Can't remember where I got it from..might have been redbecks? Cost 7 quid and about 18" long. Chop it down with scissors and you'll do 2-3 mods with it.

This tube link might work..

• Like 1