Teenagers And Their Dogs

I'm up at my place in Orkney with my boy. Brought the dogs and been having a mooch in the mornings. Managed to drag my 14 year old out of his pit . Few years back he was really into the dogs but seems girls have took over the last couple of years . But I think he has the bug again now after his deerhound caught straigh away ,had a lovely little run up the cliffs . Hopefully he will get out with his old dad a bit more now

Anyone got some pics with their youngsters and the dogspost-101824-0-03305500-1502704309_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

I remember when my old man 1st got me into the running dog game best thing I ever did I take my step son out with me he's got a little dog and my own son when he comes to mine they both love watching the dogs work ?

• Like 2

Best way mate.wish my dad was in to the hunting game when I was a lad it would of saved him having to come An collect me from the old bill station on many occasions and kept/steered me out of trouble the minute I got in to the dogs via my cousin with his foxing bedlington xs I was a changed man I had focus and sorted my self out dropped the dick heads who I used to hang around with as they were a big part of my problem my thoughts were if I was pissed up or banged up for the night I wouldn't get to see the dogs work the beam so it was best behaviour from me

• Like 4

I'm up at my place in Orkney with my boy. Brought the dogs and been having a mooch in the mornings. Managed to drag my 14 year old out of his pit . Few years back he was really into the dogs but seems girls have took over the last couple of years . But I think he has the bug again now after his deerhound caught straigh away ,had a lovely little run up the cliffs . Hopefully he will get out with his old dad a bit more now

Anyone got some pics with their youngsters and the dogsattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Looking at the photo is it a pure Deerhound? if so do you know what lines are in it ?,atb.

My girls having the odd outing but they are not overly enthusiastic

25486647633_02c780611f_c.jpg

This was by a road side so I said if there is one in the net let the dog hold it until I get back around. Well there was a mighty kerfuffle when one got netted in the hedge and mr no half measures grabbed it with the fence and half the hedge and proceeded to try and a drag the whole lot out of the hedge. She was in a bit of pickle when I back around lol

31379580516_15d4039746_c.jpg

• Like 3

Always took my eldest daughter out with me. Now she's nearly 15 and begs me to take her to the mountains for a mooch :laugh:

I think (only my opinion) the trick is to let THEM discover it, as you take them out. If they grab their own interest because you've taught them the basics of what it's about (fieldcraft, foraging etc) it will always remain to some degree ;)

My daughter comes out with me ferreting, shes only seven, she takes rabbits out the nets not a bother and holds them without getting scratched. Shes used to holding them. Shes got her own ferrets and helps take care of the dogs. She sees the full process of animal taken from the field and used to feed the animals we keep and ourselves. Even although she keeps rabbits too she knows and accepts some are for eating. Had her lamping once but went home early as she fell a couple of times. Didnt put her off she loves hunting and fishing.

• Like 1

Great to see some youngsters out with the dogs my little lad likes a good mooch with the dog was only the other day he was wanting to take my pointer grey out with him he's only eleven! Hopefully we will be out all the time when he's in his teens so should keep him out of trouble

My nephew's always been keen, from the moment he could walk. Fishing, ferrets shooting the lot. I got him a little patterdale/whippet for his 8th birthday and they are inseparable. He's grounded at the minute as he was caught spinning for trout in the local angling syndicate. His mam bollocked him for doing it, and I bollocked him for getting caught. They confiscated my telescopic rod off him :icon_redface:

• Like 3

My nephew's always been keen, from the moment he could walk. Fishing, ferrets shooting the lot. I got him a little patterdale/whippet for his 8th birthday and they are inseparable. He's grounded at the minute as he was caught spinning for trout in the local angling syndicate. His mam bollocked him for doing it, and I bollocked him for getting caught. They confiscated my telescopic rod off him :icon_redface:

? It could be worse he could be sat in on his x box all night

• Like 1