Fishing An Unfished Water

Ive had my eye on this spot for the last few years. Its one of those relief ponds built by the side of the A1. Its taken a while for the vegetation and trees to grow to make it a little less public (i dont like an audience when fishing :thumbs:).......anyway I drive past it most days and funnily enough even though it looks really 'fishy' there is an absence of 'NO FISHING' signs. Now this means that's it free fishing right :victory:

So yesterday I parked up a little way away (car parked right next to it would kind of spoil the view) and climbed the fence. I set up with a little telescopic outfit and chucked a few maggots in. First cast and the float dipped and a tiny perch surrendered. Now if there was small perch there had to be bigger ones, so off came the float and on went a small rapala. For the next half an hour it was a fish a cast with 3 or 4 perch chasing the lure into my feet......I'm thinking of knocking up a 'NO FISHING' sign in my shed tonight......don't want everyman and his dog turning up :laugh:

post-31417-0-58682900-1502697945_thumb.jpg post-31417-0-82252700-1502697983_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Result!Your own private fishing pond,your getting like Leegreen :laugh: Good call on the NO FISHING sign,dont want all and sundry chancing their luck there ;)

Mmmm, i can understand how LG feels about undesirables pitching up without an invite........ive become quite protective about my little spot already :victory:

• Like 1

Was told most ponds at side of road hold perch as ducks bring there eggs on there feet

That's what I was thinking Tank, nobody would have stocked this water. I have a number of other waters on 'my patch' that I now feel duty bound to look after aswell :thumbs:

• Like 3

I know of a similar pond that's been stocked with roach by lads coming back from pike competitions.

JMHO but a NO FISHING sign says there's fish in it. The reason it's been left unfished is because folk presume it's empty.

I've seen several ponds and quarries over the years and you'd always think they're empty until you see a well worn path being made to the same swim and then the secrets out.

• Like 4

That sounds great! A rare thing to enjoy. Is there any streams nearby? If so then maybe a nice little eel spot too?

You know what Tom, I was thinking about my 'Christmas eel' as I was fishing. The place looks 'eely' alright but unhappily there are no streams that close to it that I know of.......going to have a look on google earth now :thumbs:

• Like 1