Another Permission!

Well after my woes at work (fell onto a ladder and knackered my Sony Xperia), I took a while to recover, only for the weather to turn monsoon like. So not been out for bit.

Got to the permission to bag a myxoma victim immediately, followed by a healthy rabbit. Still plenty about so carried healthy one back to the bags to be accosted by a tractor driver.

"Do you shoot pigeons?"

"Is that a rhetorical question?"

"Only there are thousands by where I live and they are crapping all over my van, my car, I want rid of them but don't want a shotgun being used!"

"Yes, I shoot pigeons!"

"Good here is my address!"

Turns out the conifers on his land are stuffed full of pigeons...

Carried on and bagged a few more, did not photo the last one I shot, so only got the 4 in the photo, there were 5 dead rabbits that have been turned into bunny off vouchers at the butchers.

36380710422_5c98260b18_k.jpg20170813_182430 by Mike Carter, on Flickr

• Like 5

That rifle's serving you well mate :thumbs:

Nice looking rabbits.

Good luck with the new permission.

It is a 10, it will!

Had some lovely stalking with it today!

You can't beat them Supertens mate (When you get a good 'un) - BSA at their best :good:
  • Like 2

Funny how things come about really. I was fishing at my village pond which has been bought out from the wanker who previously owned it and during a chat with the new owner, he told me that he has put in an otter fence but the bloody rabbits seem to still get through, Hmmm, here goes. Have you thought of shooting them, no came back the reply......................................12 acres of ponds and trees, rabbits and woodies, only a little perm but 2 mins away so spot on.

Phil