First Blood To T3

nice shooting it is a shame that it costs so much to shoot these guns.my reloaded .357 magnum costs 12.5p a shot but the .223 brass alone is £66 per 100,£26 for 100 52gr amax,£84 a tub for vhit 133 then you add primers aswell.feck me it is a good job i enjoy shooting

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up bright and breeze this morning , and of to the RFDs .232 tikka light stainless, wild cat mod and a few bits to go with it I'm out on one of the Perms right now , and it didn't take long to get

nice one david ?

Nice one, so your liking the t3 then, good tools

Posted Images

nice shooting it is a shame that it costs so much to shoot these guns.my reloaded .357 magnum costs 12.5p a shot but the .223 brass alone is £66 per 100,£26 for 100 52gr amax,£84 a tub for vhit 133 then you add primers aswell.feck me it is a good job i enjoy shooting

Do you use 357 in the field? I think it is a wonderful cartridge for the UK.

That is the problem U. It puts lads off getting out plinking with a CF. I bought and have loads of FMJ ppu ammo I use for plinking and general practice costs me £5 a box of 20 rounds I tried them on fox and had a runner with a well placed chest shot so haven't used them since. He only ran 50 meters before dropping but nothing stops them like a vmax.

I use 22-250 ppu on fox all the time and never had a problem. If you don't mind where you getbthem for £5 for 20

Do you use soft points

Reloading is the way forward.

24 gr N133 = 11.25p

CCI primer = 4.6p

53 gr V-max = 30p

Total = 46p plus case per round.

Luckily I have hundreds of PPU and Hornady cases so they don't cost me anything, but even if you bought brand new Lapua at 60p each, you get several reloads out of each case lowering the price per case to say 10p each and the total of a lot less than half the price of ready-rolled.

Lol. Yeah their designed as a target/plinking round. I was steel shooting and fox came out at around 120 yards ran like fook then dropped about 50 meters before dropping. The military use fmj rounds. Reason I get them cheap is because nobody buys them so to get rid I buy them off the chap on the cheap he only has a limited amount as he doesn't want to get anymore in because he's not making money on them.

Lol. Yeah their designed as a target/plinking round. I was steel shooting and fox came out at around 120 yards ran like fook then dropped about 50 meters before dropping. The military use fmj rounds. Reason I get them cheap is because nobody buys them so to get rid I buy them off the chap on the cheap he only has a limited amount as he doesn't want to get anymore in because he's not making money on them.

Stop mixing yards with metres!!! :censored::laugh:

I am fortunate that PPU SP in .223, .243 and .308 at around £55-65 x 100, delivers 1" for me in my rifles. In the field that works just fine for me!

One of the main reasons I don't reload!

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker

Up bright and breeze this morning , and of to the RFDs

.232 tikka light stainless, wild cat mod and a few bits to go with it

I'm out on one of the Perms right now , and it didn't take long to get this one 200 yards tho the bid and brace , just went over sweet ,

Boy am I a happy old git

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I'll have to look into this new .232 Calibre, not come across it before, but seems to work for you.

:laugh::thumbs:

ATB!

• Like 1