Gun Restoration And Maintenance Section Please !

Hey, look at you lot getting all technical. :D

My mates call me a Midlands engineer, mate....."We're going to need a bigger hammer !"

I'm not technically minded at all - I've also got 3 air rifles, but I've got very little idea what goes on inside them.....and I can't be the only one.

Might be nice to have a section where you could gain some knowledge about such things ?

• Like 3

.....and legal modifications.

I tarted up the old Anschutz 410 that I bought, with a bit of help from Professor Google.

I just stripped the dark, old varnish off the stock and refinished with linseed and beeswax. A knowledgeable mate showed me how to re-blue the barrel and Robert's your dad's brother !

Basic stuff, but we must have a huge amount of knowledge that could be tapped by novices, like me.......?

Are we talking just airguns or all guns? Don't want to get swamped with 10 gazillion pics of how to stain a bit of wood inch by inch do we? :angel:

If it was all guns i think it's a good idea. Not down to me though. We'll see what the main man has to say. :thumbs:

Are we talking just airguns or all guns? Don't want to get swamped with 10 gazillion pics of how to stain a bit of wood inch by inch do we? :angel:

If it was all guns i think it's a good idea. Not down to me though. We'll see what the main man has to say. :thumbs:

All guns...shotties, air, rifles, the lot.

• Like 1

I'm one of those people who imagines that, if I undo the wrong screw, pieces of metal will BOING all over the room !

I'd also like to strip and refurb my old 12 bore, but I don't fancy learning to do it by trial and error !

• Like 1

If anyone out there knows how to do a good DIY hot blue I'd like to see!I'm also interested in people's methods of removing cosmoline from solid walnut and laminate stocks.Done pretty well myself but always interested in better ways.

• Like 1

If we did have a section like that it'd be hard to know what subsection to put it in. The problem being airgunners rarely look outside of the airgun section and vice-versa.

Either way the first person to refer to his gun as "she" or "her" or even worse, by name, gets banned.

If we did have a section like that it'd be hard to know what subsection to put it in. The problem being airgunners rarely look outside of the airgun section and vice-versa.

Either way the first person to refer to his gun as "she" or "her" or even worse, by name, gets banned.

New, separate section under "Sporting Guns" ?