Remember Your First Fish?

Sticklebacks, using a worm tied to cotton on a stick out the heron pond, At

The Sunderland Echo ran a contest once when I was at school the prize was £10 for the biggest stickleback caught in Mowbray Park duck pond ;) I went with a small seine type net and netted a stream for minnows,they looked huge in comparison to sticklebacks,my mate Metts said he caught it in Mowbray park,we split the tenner and he got his pic in the Echo holding a jam-jar with the fish in :victory: The end justifies the means :icon_redface:

• Like 5

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A handful of spratts rolled in flour and shallow fried in butter

Something magical about kids catching a fish my lad not his first but you can see the joy still

A roach from the Leeds and Liverpool canal in Leeds on my 6th birthday with my new tackle I'd just got. It was the best birthday ever! Only a few ounces but my most memorable fish - can still see it i

Posted Images

River Blythe, stickfloat, gudgeon......

Tackled up by my brother!

From the age of 8 I've loved fishing the stick.

Done the carp puddle tackle tart in my late teens now it's just a rod or 2 and a bag and a good walk!

Matt

• Like 3

First fish was with my grandfather he was fruit picking down in Kent in he's trailer and I stayed with him for the weekend. He took me fishing and I caught a fish I was only seven I can mind him laughing at me as I regaled it in .

A good memory

• Like 1

Yes it involved a car battery and pointy bit of wire :laugh: I used to tag along with an old chap on a little brook he made catching trout on a ledgered worm look so easy. I never could replicate it

Edited by terryd
  • Like 2