Moving Dogs Outside

Im moving my dogs outside into a kennel and run. They have been out today for a bit but kennels not completely finished yet so wont be out at night. My question is how do you stop a bitch from whining. My pup has just went inside, lay down nice and quiet. my 3 year old bitch is just stanfing whining. was skooting her with the hose but now she sees me n goes inside the kennel. changed to filling a pint glass but that only worked once n she was away inside. ive read the bark collars might not work for whining. was thinking of getting the citronella spray one. Anyone any suggestions or done something that worked.

I wont put them back in until it finished then. Insulation getting done tomorrow and there will be a thermostatic heater going in once the electrics are done. Will stick a radio in aswell. Going for a raised bed with foam then vet bed ontop. She does feel the cold so that's probably whats wrong. will just let her adjust over time then. Whining doesn't bother me as cant hear it when in the house with tv on but dont want to annoy the neighbours. All there dogs bark though ?

Re the hose pipe: I found that it's not actually the effect of throwing water at them which stops them (i.e. I don't want to be soaked with water so I'll stop) but the sudden action of the hose pipe coming on unexpectedly. My kelpie was sensible enough to realise after just one soaking that standing at the end of the run while barking got him wet so he simply stood at the other end and barked...but he still eventually stopped thanks to the "shock" of the hose going on.

• Like 1

i kept mine outside during the day while the neighbours where all at work ?, took a bit of patience and time but got there after a week or so, as much excercise as i could give without overdoing it, fed outside at the kennel everynight and praised for being in the kennel, the bed he had inside i put into the kennel. forgot to bring him in one night and i woke up next morning to let him out to p*ss and then caught on he was still out, havent let him back in since and no problems