Who's Your Hero?

The only hero I've got apart from a couple of family members and a few politicians (very few) who did some good is Muhammad Ali, 'The Greatest of All Time'.

For his boxing:

watch

And for his courage and fearlessness in telling the truth:

watch

How he managed to survive assassination is a miracle.

I know some of you will call him a racist and a draft dodger. The truth is messrs Clinton, Bush and Trump were draft dodgers. Ali was a conscientious objector. Anybody willing to get into the ring with the likes of Frazier and Foreman was no coward.

Yes he said some daft things about race but we all said stupid things when we were younger and he later retracted them.

Edited by jukel123

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The surgeon who saved my son's life at the age of 2days old. Without his knowledge skill and dedication my lad wouldn't be here now age 14. Them type of people are proper hero's in my eyes. Not so

+2 , deff , i will be honest here me and him never really got on, in his last 6 months of life , he was dying with stomach cancer , he never showed fear to me or my 2 brothers , 2 sisters ,

Ali wasn't just a draft dodger,he was a racist,a wife beater,muslim convert,donated millions to the Nation of Islam while his kids grew up in poverty,and even changed his name his own parents gave him

Posted Images

Honestly don't think I have a hero or idol etc but a few folks off the top of my head I have been impressed by.

Theodore Roosevelt, his attitude, values, toughness and outdoorsman life really resonate with me.

Any SBS swimmer canoeist, I find their capability in water utterly astounding. Maximum bad-assery!

Recently a chap called Paul Schaffer, an American bow Hunter who frankly sounds mythical.

Josh James the kiwi bushman, just seems a sound fella who lives the life.

Honestly don't think I have a hero or idol etc but a few folks off the top of my head I have been impressed by.

Theodore Roosevelt, his attitude, values, toughness and outdoorsman life really resonate with me.

Any SBS swimmer canoeist, I find their capability in water utterly astounding. Maximum bad-assery!

Recently a chap called Paul Schaffer, an American bow Hunter who frankly sounds mythical.

Josh James the kiwi bushman, just seems a sound fella who lives the life.

+1 on Teddy and Paul, I'll add Fred Bear to the bow hunter category.

Not heroes, as such, but admired

Christopher Hitchens, Jón Páll Sigmarsson, Penn Jillette, André Roussimoff, Hunter Thompson, Sam Peckinpah, Lee Marvin... f**ck I'll leave it there... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Ali wasn't just a draft dodger,he was a racist,a wife beater,muslim convert,donated millions to the Nation of Islam while his kids grew up in poverty,and even changed his name his own parents gave him to suit his new ideals. Plenty of other young Americans went and fought in Vietnam,some came back others did'nt and it wasn't there fight either. There is a thread on one of the boxing forums about all this,I will try and find it again. A hero for me is somebody who makes sacrifices,rises up against adversity,doesn't seek fame and fortune and just gets on with it and does what he has to do .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 10