Lads, im looking for a decent NV scope. I bought one of the set ups from ebay last year with the small screen that connects up and although it works great, i arent keen on the wires etc so im looking for a dedicated scope. It will be for a 22lr primarily for rabbits but also for ratting with an air rifle. Ive a lowly budget of around £300 and the scope needs to work in daylight too. Ive been looking for a yukon photon as they are the only ones i know, Im really not up to spec on these scopes at all. Any other makes i should be looking for?

Thanks in advance

trappa

• 1 month later...

The photon is fine with a T20 on top , I use two the 6,5 & the 4,6 I found the 6,5 with the bigger objective a big advantage , swapping between a ,22 and 22,250 .

You can get problems zeroing the ,22 unless you use the correct mounts as you run out of elevation I shimmed the rear mount with no loss of zero removing the unit and refitting ( keep the mounts on the photon and remove as a unit ) use them in the day time as well .

The 4,6 is swapped around a pcp the same , there are two for sale on the forum .

ATB

• 4 months later...

For the money, it's got to be a Photon. Stick a NM 800 on it and you won't believe how far you can see. There are better units, like the drone, but costs much, much more. 

Fox outline at 500 Yds and eye shine from the NM out too 700/800 Yds. Spend the money on a good IR, you won't regret it.

Bare Photons are going for around £300 to £350. More with a good IR on board. 

PS; Don't shim the Photon, it's too crude and reduces the area the mounts locate on the scope.  Check out one of the other post on Photons on how to adjust them. Noting the warranty warning.

Edited by Lamp_Shy