Land Permission

Right sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Got a good question for you all.

Acquired a permission to shoot on and the farmer didn't know if the land had been cleared for what calibre.

So rang the police and was told yes it is cleared up to .308 and that it is 400 acres plus 600 acres.

Know the farmer doesn't even know where the extra 600 is because him knor his nieghbours has another 600 acres.

Because it's in a different county to my firearms department I wrote in to mine for it to be added to my ticket and duly got a phone call to confirm the same as the other authority. 400 and 600. So where's the other 600 acres??

Does it matter ? If your farmer doesn't own it you haven't got permission to shoot it regardless of wether it's cleared or not . Somebody went to the bother of having it cleared , chances are they are shooting over it ..if I read your question right

• Like 1

Yep I'd listen to that advice you got the all clear don't rock the boat get shooting and when you been doing it awhile go for open conditions then it won't matter as long as you have permission to shoot

I hear and understand what you are all saying but it would be nice to have another 600 acres to shoot over don't you think??

I probably won't do anything as you lads have said. It's just curious to know the answer.

Would be nice BUT use what you have , as I've said if someone's gone to the bother of getting it cleared for cf chances are they are shooting it ..you ain't doing bad with 400 to start with , do a job on it someone might come looking for you ..

You got what you wanted you phone the fires arms officer and they got the wrong farm you could lose the lot don't be greedy the police never make mistakes :laugh::whistling: you do a good job the extra ground will come along

• Like 1