It Is An Ex-Parrot

just been reading a thread on a carp forum ,someone caused a right stir because he objected to people RIP ing the fish ,hes argument was its only a fish ,RIP isnt a suitable thing to be saying to a fish apparently ? Them ole carp boys are quite argumentative,think the airgun lads should show them how to get on peacefully and share the love!

• Like 1

There's a small pond local in a new housing estate that I take my lad, it never held more than a few sticklebacks until me and my mates started stocking it with roach, rudd, perch, chub a few jacks and a load of pasties commons etc-we would fish it every now and again-well -12 yrs on it holds a few good 17/20lb carp pike to 14lb loads of carp 3/9lb that have come from the original fish spawning . Few months ago the local fishing club took it over... All good as now it's patrolled and has stopped the idiots... Speaking to a few of the youngsters who are fishing it, showing me some pristine fish they've caught... I had a little chuckle to myself when they were all telling me the names of said fish lol... It's a carpers thing naming fish... Although me and my mates have names for some of the barbel we've had as repeat captures ;). Good that folks are so passionate about it imo-my days of living like a homeless person lol are long behind me... Fishing like hunting can become very addictive and take over ones lives. Atb dcpost-99494-0-80078200-1502218944_thumb.jpg

• Like 6