Which Mounts To Buy For Both Pcp Or Springer ?

I use Sports Match mounts on all my rifles, springers or pcp :rtfm: .

I always check my zero before hunting and always find my scopes stay spot on.

I recently was forced into using Hawke mounts on one of my springers as the RFD was waiting for his delivery of Sports Match.

I ended up having to re zero half way through a decoying session with the FWB Sport 124 :censored: - she is now wearing Sports Match mounts again.

I have yet, to be let down, in any way, using the Sports Match mounts in any discipline of shooting.

atb Mark.

• Like 1

I like Sportsmatch :thumbs:

BKL are good but expensive.

Nikko Sterling mounts are shite.

I've had a scope move on a springer in Hawke mounts.

I use a 1pc Sportsmatch on the HW100 and a Dampa mount on the 97 - never let me down.

• Like 2

Spring rifle shooter me, so I only use Sportsmatch 2-piece mounts. Single mounts don't give you quite the same degree of flexibility to mount your scope to exactly where it needs to be in respect of perfect eye-relief and scope-weight distribution over the action, I've found.

And other makes of mounts are monkey metal by comparison. Hawke mounts on a recoilless PCP are OK.....but on nothing else as regards type of action.

Having spent a fortune on a fine quality spring rifle counts for little, if your mounts are poor and won't stay put under recoil. And nor will your zero as a consequence. :hmm:

• Like 3