The Best Coursing Dog Ever

If this has been covered before I apologise, I haven't been on here for long.

Which is the best coursing dog you've ever had the pleasure to see? also do you prefer dogs that box the hare or ones that look like they are tied to the hare like on a piece of string.

I would be interested to read your views.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never had the luxury, or opportunity,..to stand back and enjoy, the war of attrition and exciting match, twixt a skillful running dog and the hare...   I've always wanted a chosen prey species,.. 'd

Hares are on their own territory 24/7, a strong hare is fit and a top notch athlete, they are always up for a run and fancy their chances , they never get into flying mode until the dog is on them ,th

Was the bitch a littermate to nick nack paddy wack's litter that he bred down from alphabetti spaghetti's brother's bitch, that was mated to 'jack the farmyard accident's' litter brother, owned by som

I like a dog that uses tactics to suit the hare and the land, one that will close the gap as quickly as possible, try a strike then if the hare is'nt taken at the first attempt, like to see the dog stick tight and box if and when needed to contain the hare, but apply pressure and go up the gears try to out do the hare with bursts of intensity and agility to catch when the hare is still running strong

• Like 1

:hmm:Never had the luxury, or opportunity,..to stand back and enjoy, the war of attrition and exciting match, twixt a skillful running dog and the hare...

I've always wanted a chosen prey species,.. 'done and dusted',.. as soon as possible.. :victory:

Therefore,.I rate a fast and capable killer, that is all over its hare, and who can bully her into making a fatal mistake.

Such a serious type of lurcher will always draw admiring glances, but nowadays, it would be wasted on me... :laugh:

• Like 9

This is the subtle difference between Coursing and hunting. Hunting is to put food on the table or should be it shouldnt be about big numbers to gain fame . The same coursing should be exactly that a dog running game on a level playing field pitting the skills of each species against the other ,the kill is the possible end result but not the main result .That is also the difference between coursing and matching one is about the skill the other is dependant on the kill.

• Like 5

I like my quarry close,if you want to eat it get on it,no point in watching a dog through field glasses,with the good looking long coursing type comes the undesirables,and "my dogs better than your dog"syndrome,there would be a million lads who'd say yes I have the best coursing dog in the country,no doubt there have been some good dogs about,but hard to say who's had what,atb dd

This is the subtle difference between Coursing and hunting. Hunting is to put food on the table or should be it shouldnt be about big numbers to gain fame . The same coursing should be exactly that a dog running game on a level playing field pitting the skills of each species against the other ,the kill is the possible end result but not the main result .That is also the difference between coursing and matching one is about the skill the other is dependant on the kill.

That is all i hunt for these days, for the pot and to feed my dogs. If i get one, great, if not, no big deal. I am not a mad courser and don't match, not for me. :thumbs:

I love pure salukis and they for the passed while, do me.

Edited by Saluki246

there was a bitch called foxy owned by c.n that one alot of competitions i think she won something like 30 drew 2 so the dog was unbeaten for a long stretch now that to me says a good dog.

the daywalkers will probably disagree but to me thats some feat.

there was a bitch called foxy owned by c.n that one alot of competitions i think she won something like 30 drew 2 so the dog was unbeaten for a long stretch now that to me says a good dog.

the daywalkers will probably disagree but to me thats some feat.

I think c.n says himself it wasn't his best bitch just maybe the toughest. Matched twice in a week few times.

As for the best we all need different things some lads are running fenced in paddocks or flinty downs some are lucky to run a dozen hares a season some are running that a day. Lot of variables the best for one man might be useless for another.

• Like 3

The best coursing dog that ever lived was owned by.

R.t from Leeds.

Bred by s.m from Bradford.

Who had the bitch from p.w from Glasgow

W.d from Doncaster owned the sire.

Was the bitch a littermate to nick nack paddy wack's litter that he bred down from alphabetti spaghetti's brother's bitch, that was mated to 'jack the farmyard accident's' litter brother, owned by some CASH FLEECING LYING c**t, that always seem to have a litter EXACTLY how you wanted it to be bred? :ninja:

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1