Dr John Gold

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It always amazes me when so called dog men expect there dogs to run well on cheep crap diets,running dogs are athletes and should be fed the same, when did you see a race horse trainer feeding is race

yes my mate reckons he fasts for 2 days then wolfs down as much sweetcorn as he can ,the result is it all sticks together and he said it feels great when he passes it.really massages his prostate. i

They probably both the same mate.

Can't beat raw. I keep a bag of the Dr Johns Gold handy in case I forget to defrost the mince. But like has been said they just seem to shit it straight out and take no goodness from it.

Can anyone recommend a decent dry food that is better but isn't extortionately priced?

I have found autarky decent stuff and tried a lot over the years can get delivered via amazon for around £21 per bag atb

Redmills some lads love but it's always been funny with my dogs when fed it. Mine are on raw diet 90% of the time. But I always have dry incase I run out or can't defrost in time. I use gain they don't shit as much other dry food and it's not runny either. Reasonably priced aswell thinks about £15

I fed my bitch Dr Johns gold for a short period when I was struggling to make ends meet my bitch dropped condition fast struggled to keep weight on her when the hunting season was in full swing and the mountains of shit was shocking! Raw all the way for mine my bitch performs better and holds conditions better on raw

I know lots of lads with yards full that feed Dr johns...utter garbage imo-on the odd occasion I feed dry I use harringtons £20 for 15kg bag-only dry food that I've used that doest fill the run floors with pure slop... Can shovel their shit up with dustpan and brush lol-few years back used to get stuff called technical? Plain white sack same as ekanuba but £40notes cheaper a bag from boarding kennels up the road. You can't beat raw imo- 80/100kg fresh chicken backs and necks costs me £20-i supplement that with venison, tinned fish, pasta, meaty beef bones, liver and kidneys in small amounts and any food waste from the house... My dogs tuck in to veg with gravy no problem. Atb dc

I've never used the gold but used the titanium and found that to be decent enough.

I only use biscuit as a small part of the diet though so I could probably use anything and it not have an adverse effect.

Currently using some salmon and potato hypoallergenic stuff. It's a home brand in a local pet shop but the ingredients list is brilliant for the money.

Rabbit hunter. Csj do a good range to suit all dogs & budgets. If you ring them theyll go through what you require etc & send you samples. Atb

i use complete tripe, from csj. my 2 love it, and there coats look good on it