Sign in to follow this  
walshie

Grab Adhesive

What's the best grab adhesive to use to stick plastic skirting to a painted plastered wall? I used some B&Q own stuff yesterday and this morning the skirting had fallen off. :laugh: It seems to have stuck to the plastic but not the wall.

Cheers.

gorrilla glue ,no nails,sticks like shit ,the last one is a brand name not a comment also try proping against something over night to get a better bond

Gripfil 👍

But push skirting on, pull off and push on again, better amount of surface contact and kinda gets the solvent a head start.

• Like 3

I use gripfill regularly and find it works best if you use it as you would a contact adhesive. Apply a blob to the wall and a blob to the skirting and then push the two together. The adhesvie forms a skin really quickly which is probably why it didn't stick to the wall. Sticks like s**t is an all weather polymer based adhesive which by far out performs any solvent based grab adhesive like gripfill. It is also at least twice the price.

I use gripfill regularly and find it works best if you use it as you would a contact adhesive. Apply a blob to the wall and a blob to the skirting and then push the two together. The adhesvie forms a skin really quickly which is probably why it didn't stick to the wall. Sticks like s**t is an all weather polymer based adhesive which by far out performs any solvent based grab adhesive like gripfill. It is also at least twice the price.

Gripfill will melt plastic, unless you use the solvent free stuff. :thumbs:

Great. I was edging towards gripfill after everyone's recommendation than Malt had to spoil it. I just read the solvent free stuff is rubbish.

Mate of mine gave me a tube of "007". Seems to work ....so far.

Gripfil 👍

But push skirting on, pull off and push on again, better amount of surface contact and kinda gets the solvent a head start.

Great advice :thumbs: I use unibond no nails but I don't think there's much in it

Just a after thought ..if its plastic score the back of the skirting with a a Stanley knife you will get a better key :thumbs:

Just a after thought ..if its plastic score the back of the skirting with a a Stanley knife you will get a better key :thumbs:

I thought that but the other adhesive stuck to the plastic, just not the wall. This new stuff was rock solid almost immediately. See if it's still attached in the morning. Cheers.