8 Hours 1 Pigeon But ..

I did knock down about eighty crows ...got back from a couple of days away to the keeper telling me one of the pens had become the new must place to eat for the black hoard ..set up in the corner of the field just outside the pen on the grass ..few shells , few full body and half a dozen hangers on the pen posts , two ff5's with young crows on ..spent a good half an hour on the hide then sat and waited . Slow at first but once I built the pattern they came in fairly well to the decoys , finished with 67 picked , five in the pen and seven or eight dropping in the standing wheat behind the shore ..the pigeon came in as I was packing up ..post-81636-0-41004900-1501263135_thumb.jpgpost-81636-0-49504500-1501263155_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nice going that will save a few quid off the feed bill

The amount they eat is staggering , whilst eighty isn't even noticeable in the huge numbers it is eighty less eating every day . Got a four pronged attack lined up for Monday ..

I did knock down about eighty crows ...got back from a couple of days away to the keeper telling me one of the pens had become the new must place to eat for the black hoard ..set up in the corner of the field just outside the pen on the grass ..few shells , few full body and half a dozen hangers on the pen posts , two ff5's with young crows on ..spent a good half an hour on the hide then sat and waited . Slow at first but once I built the pattern they came in fairly well to the decoys , finished with 67 picked , five in the pen and seven or eight dropping in the standing wheat behind the shore ..the pigeon came in as I was packing up ..attachicon.gifIMG_2571.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2578.JPG

should have shoot the pigeon 3 times and counted it has 3 lol good do on the blackies sussex

• Like 1