.22 Air Rifle Shooter Needs Help With Sights.

start at ten yards get it spot on then 15 , 20,25 etc

Same as advice given by The one. I would add that make sue you have pellets from the same batch

Good luck and all the very best.

Oh yes

Welcome and pleasant times

Yep, +1 mate :thumbs:

Also, as said, get to know your kit at different ranges.

Don't be too eager to go out and hunt - learn your rifle and your prey first - it'll be a much more rewarding experience when you do go out :yes:

Good luck and atb

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

As been said practice and practice now if and when you are ready to hunt rabbits pigeons and rats a rabbit at 40yards the brain

is the size of a 5pence and that's what you have to hit, we all started the same way , I was 10 when my late dad give me a hw35 and them days a 9ftlbs was the norm and open sights I had to prove I was a good shot before I got a scope, which I got after 6months and we got it zero for about I think was 25yards and then had to shoot a target every time on the bull and after a while , was then sent to ask the farmer if I could shoot the crow in the wood at the back of the house out the back door well he said, yes and I done a good job, then the farmer was happy and he let me shoot around the farm, and the fields and the woods, not saying I am a fantastic shot all the pellets I had was, Milbro Caladonian in 177 and yes I missed lots and I got that if I was happy for a clean kill I would not take the shot must shooting was, field craft and 30+ yards but it will get better and your first perm, so practice, practice, and when you can hit . a 5 pence target at 30 yards you are read and its even smaller with , crows and pigeons and rats enjoy your shooting and be safe and even now I still miss

As been said practice and practice now if and when you are ready to hunt rabbits pigeons and rats a rabbit at 40yards the brain

is the size of a 5pence and that's what you have to hit, we all started the same way , I was 10 when my late dad give me a hw35 and them days a 9ftlbs was the norm and open sights I had to prove I was a good shot before I got a scope, which I got after 6months and we got it zero for about I think was 25yards and then had to shoot a target every time on the bull and after a while , was then sent to ask the farmer if I could shoot the crow in the wood at the back of the house out the back door well he said, yes and I done a good job, then the farmer was happy and he let me shoot around the farm, and the fields and the woods, not saying I am a fantastic shot all the pellets I had was, Milbro Caladonian in 177 and yes I missed lots and I got that if I was happy for a clean kill I would not take the shot must shooting was, field craft and 30+ yards but it will get better and your first perm, so practice, practice, and when you can hit . a 5 pence target at 30 yards you are read and its even smaller with , crows and pigeons and rats enjoy your shooting and be safe and even now I still miss