The Walther Lgv Master Pro.

Here`s my Brand new, shiny, totally untouched Master Pro`s initial zero.( not final zero) :nono:

What a hunting rifle this is going to be ! Just bloody awesome !

post-85710-0-19273100-1501186158.jpg

post-85710-0-91386800-1501186173.jpg

These Walthers match the HW 100`s all the way, she`s getting a HW moderator tomorrow but with accuracy like this- is a moderator required ?

Fantastic rifles for static hunting lads, - rock steady !

First two shots to the heart - touch high, 3 clicks down,3rd shot, bulls eye !

Then two shots to the eye, 38 yds, check the drawing pin head out in comparison.

Go buy one lads, unreal ! ( in .177) mind :rtfm:

atb Mark

• Like 9

And what have I been saying for ages lol, now listen to uncle Charlie boys lol, and YES Mark get a silencer on it, you will not believe your ears.

Yes fairplay, you've said about the LGV for a while. Didn't have any in the rfd's I initially went to, so recently bought a new 97 KT

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Congratulations on your acquisition Mark.

I had been playing around with upgrading to a decent rifle for a while and spent loads of time reading all the reviews for a number of rifles, including the Walther LGV Master Pro in 0.177 and eventually visited a well known RFD with my OH in tow. As we talked our way through a number of quality break barrel springers my Mrs saw the look on my face as I nursed the LGV and flashed her plastic at the RFD. BINGO, I became the owner of a spanking brand new LGV in 0.177 + a decent scope and moderator to boot!

Not done a lot of shooting with the LGV yet but was amazed by the gun's accuracy and consistency, strait out of the box. The LGV appears to be rather unfussy about pellets on a twenty yard range and is producing groups of ten pellets that can be easily covered by a UK five pence piece.

The only two cons for me are it's weight and the very long and soft first stage of the plastic trigger. I'm presently playing around with the trigger settings and have been given a metal trigger as a replacement, should I continue to be unhappy with the plastic one. It feels to me as though the trigger could do with a stronger return spring. How is the trigger on yours?

Chris :)

Walther 0.JPG

Big Bertha 001.JPG

Edited by Christoph1945
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Christoph1945 said:

Congratulations on your acquisition Mark.

I had been playing around with upgrading to a decent rifle for a while and spent loads of time reading all the reviews for a number of rifles, including the Walther LGV Master Pro in 0.177 and eventually visited a well known RFD with my OH in tow. As we talked our way through a number of quality break barrel springers my Mrs saw the look on my face as I nursed the LGV and flashed her plastic at the RFD. BINGO, I became the owner of a spanking brand new LGV in 0.177 + a decent scope and moderator to boot!

Not done a lot of shooting with the LGV yet but was amazed by the gun's accuracy and consistency, strait out of the box. The LGV appears to be rather unfussy about pellets on a twenty yard range and is producing groups of ten pellets that can be easily covered by a UK five pence piece.

The only two cons for me are it's weight and the very long and soft first stage of the plastic trigger. I'm presently playing around with the trigger settings and have been given a metal trigger as a replacement, should I continue to be unhappy with the plastic one. It feels to me as though the trigger could do with a stronger return spring. How is the trigger on yours?

Walther 0.JPG

Big Bertha 001.JPG

Mate. Good job you’ve stuck a mod up front, loud as f**k without one... ?

Completely get what your saying about the trigger. It’s seems all walthers are set like thta, my LGU first stage is waaaaay to long. Not a hard fIx but it’s just getting round to it.

Rez,

I was so taken up with the moment yesterday that I didn't notice the date on Marks original post. Perhaps it's time I visited Specsavers! :)

Despite very slight dieseling out of the box , I found the LGV wasn't too loud a muzzle report for me but I stuck a moderator on it to keep my neighbours happy; we live in a terraced house with three houses on either side. Still getting used to the weight though and am generally shooting off a bag rest, placed on a bench, but have just bought a set of shooting sticks and am waiting to see if the accuracy falls of when I start trying to use them. 

The gun quite likes JSB Exacts but it also doesn't mind Hobbies, Panthers, and Umarex Cobras but RWS Superdomes appear to be it's favourites at the moment. It hated Econ Excites and spat them out like a small bore garden shotgun! :( Crossman Premier Domed produced a reasonable pellet grouping but were a bit like the Three Bears when being placed in the breech; some were a little loose, some were a little tight, and some were just right! :) I was beginning to think that there would be no pellets the LGV didn't like, until I put ten Econ Excite flat heads down range!

I'm guessing that once I open up the range beyond 20 yards some of the pellet grouping will open up considerably.

Excite flat heads.JPG

10 hours ago, Rez said:

How ya gonna choose which to take out now Marko? 

Small armoury at your place.

Have you forgot i shipped the Master Pro on Rez ?

Not like you to forget  :no:.

You won`t go far wrong with the Master Pro Chris, they are fine rifles.

The trigger was not my cup of tea, nor the general finish but the internals/ shot cycle was something else. ( really excellent ).

I`ve been/ am, on somewhat of a quest trying to make my mind up as to which spring rifle is best suited to me and the hunting field and as you can see by my avatar it`s a bit of a quest deciding :icon_redface: :whistling:.

Going back to the MP, i hated this router cut that is permanently on show if you buy the MP without open sites.

IMG_0653.JPG.7355ff7dfde412e02b0d12616ebf4240.JPG

Here she is at work,

IMG_0659.JPG.45fa798539f8d22dbc246154361fc8cc.JPG

They make fine hunting rifles.

Would i own another one ?

Hell yes !

atb  Mark.

I download and print off targets from one of a number of free target sites. I will cross check the site addresses later and post them on here. 

As for the weight of the LGV...……...scoped up and fitted with a small lamp mine weighed in at 11.5 lbs on the wife's bathroom scales; far too heavy for me to tote around the fields all day but will be ideal for bunny ambush situations; or for target shooting prone, or off a bench.

• Thanks 1