Popped Out With Si And Mark Last Night ...........

Great post this Jon Jon.

it was a great day/night rez

its strange when you meet people you've known online... I've met jimmy/phil and now Jon

and there all genuine mint blokes who you can get on with :thumbs:

the weather was perfect yesterday and that perm Jon took me too is lovely, massive grounds and great big fishing lake!

id still of had a great time if id not got anything :yes:

atb si

• Like 1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We met my shooting buddy Mark at the rugby club just before 10pm. ..... Si switched to his .22 Wildcat and Photon, I had the .177 HW100 and NS Viper.   We didn't see as many rabbits up here as we h

Well, Si finally made it down to Wiltshire   ......... Si, did you spot this lad sitting at the roadside by the county boundary mate?   He's my dads, daughters, grandads, sons cousin, once remov

TOLD YOU WALSHIE THEY DID NOT KNOW HOW TO SHOOT   BUT NO ONE LISTENS TO ME   ATVBJIMMY :thumbs:

Posted Images

We met my shooting buddy Mark at the rugby club just before 10pm.

..... Si switched to his .22 Wildcat and Photon, I had the .177 HW100 and NS Viper.

We didn't see as many rabbits up here as we have recently but, Si got the first one :thumbs:

....... He snuck up on the far edge of the bottom pitch and, took a nice clean shot on one that was hiding in the treeline.

That Wildcat really is quiet - the only reason I knew he'd fired is because I heard that sound of pellet impacting skin and bone.

We had a bit more of a scan around but, there was nothing else there so, Mark moved up to the archery field and, Si and me headed off for the top pitches.

It's the same story in both areas - wide open spaces and very wary rabbits - unless you're very good at extremely long shots or, prepared to sit and wait forever, you have to be very lucky to get one from either area.

..... We gave it ago but, the most we saw was little fluffy tails disappearing :rolleyes:

The farthest pitches are all fenced off and, only accessed by 1 gate.

These are surrounded by banks that lead into a tree line.

..... this has always been a pretty good area where shooters can spread out and stalk different areas.

At the foot of the bank, all the way round, is a post and rail fence with chicken wire attached.

Mark went for his favourite corner, in the middle, I went left for the bank that borders an old disused road and, Si went for the long straight bank on the right.

I scanned for a while but, saw bugger all which, Is strange for that end.

I was sure I heard that impact sound again from way down Si's end but, I couldn't be sure.

After a while I started heading back toward Mark, scanning through the fence, under the trees.

I eventually spotted one moving through - it was a little one. Eventually, it hopped past a bigger one :yes:

I set my sights on that and moved closer.

..... the shot through chicken wire couldn't have been better - front on, straight between the eyes. It just slumped on the spot :thumbs:

I found it after climbing over the fence and wriggling under the trees - the JSB Heavy had made a right mess. It had a big lump on the top of its head and both it's eyes had almost popped out.

..... it was a much better shot than my pigeon earlier in the day :thumbs:

It was nearly midnight by now and, having been up since before 5am, I was knackered so, I took my rifle and rabbit and, sat down on the bench.

While I was sat in the quiet, I heard that sound from Si's end again :thumbs:

After a while, Mark came over. He had rabbits in his area but, they'd been playing hide and seek behind the trees - he hadn't been able to get a clean shot off.

Then Si appeared - I had heared 2 impact sounds but, he only managed to find one of them.

...... Parts of that bank can be a b*****d for losing them.

All in all, 3 good rabbits, 1 pigeon and a brilliant few hours out with cracking company :yes:

You're welcome down anytime Si - Top man :good:

like wise Jon theres plenty to go at round my way and theres spare rooms too :thumbs:

the rules are two days minimum to fit a good drinking session on too :cheers::drink::hunter:

atb and cheers for a great day si

• Like 1

We met my shooting buddy Mark at the rugby club just before 10pm.

..... Si switched to his .22 Wildcat and Photon, I had the .177 HW100 and NS Viper.

We didn't see as many rabbits up here as we have recently but, Si got the first one :thumbs:

....... He snuck up on the far edge of the bottom pitch and, took a nice clean shot on one that was hiding in the treeline.

That Wildcat really is quiet - the only reason I knew he'd fired is because I heard that sound of pellet impacting skin and bone.

We had a bit more of a scan around but, there was nothing else there so, Mark moved up to the archery field and, Si and me headed off for the top pitches.

It's the same story in both areas - wide open spaces and very wary rabbits - unless you're very good at extremely long shots or, prepared to sit and wait forever, you have to be very lucky to get one from either area.

..... We gave it ago but, the most we saw was little fluffy tails disappearing :rolleyes:

The farthest pitches are all fenced off and, only accessed by 1 gate.

These are surrounded by banks that lead into a tree line.

..... this has always been a pretty good area where shooters can spread out and stalk different areas.

At the foot of the bank, all the way round, is a post and rail fence with chicken wire attached.

Mark went for his favourite corner, in the middle, I went left for the bank that borders an old disused road and, Si went for the long straight bank on the right.

I scanned for a while but, saw bugger all which, Is strange for that end.

I was sure I heard that impact sound again from way down Si's end but, I couldn't be sure.

After a while I started heading back toward Mark, scanning through the fence, under the trees.

I eventually spotted one moving through - it was a little one. Eventually, it hopped past a bigger one :yes:

I set my sights on that and moved closer.

..... the shot through chicken wire couldn't have been better - front on, straight between the eyes. It just slumped on the spot :thumbs:

I found it after climbing over the fence and wriggling under the trees - the JSB Heavy had made a right mess. It had a big lump on the top of its head and both it's eyes had almost popped out.

..... it was a much better shot than my pigeon earlier in the day :thumbs:

It was nearly midnight by now and, having been up since before 5am, I was knackered so, I took my rifle and rabbit and, sat down on the bench.

While I was sat in the quiet, I heard that sound from Si's end again :thumbs:

After a while, Mark came over. He had rabbits in his area but, they'd been playing hide and seek behind the trees - he hadn't been able to get a clean shot off.

Then Si appeared - I had heared 2 impact sounds but, he only managed to find one of them.

...... Parts of that bank can be a b*****d for losing them.

All in all, 3 good rabbits, 1 pigeon and a brilliant few hours out with cracking company :yes:

You're welcome down anytime Si - Top man :good:

like wise Jon theres plenty to go at round my way and theres spare rooms too :thumbs:

the rules are two days minimum to fit a good drinking session on too :cheers::drink::hunter:

atb and cheers for a great day si

I've run out of likes mate ...... :good:

You're very welcome mate :yes:

Right, let's get it sorted - I'll need some notice so that I can book the time off and, the missus can re-jig her rota but, a weekends hunting and a piss up with you and Jimmy sounds a good laugh :good:

• Like 1

Some good peeps on here Jon ,sounds like you,ve met a few like minded fellas and it,s the craic rather than huge numbers of quarry that make an enjoyable meet,greet and hunt.It,s good to put faces to names but at least you had the sense to meet them after dark :laugh:

• Like 2

Great post this Jon Jon.

Cheers Rez :thumbs:

.... it's been a while since I've been out for a good long walk like that mate - it was most welcome :yes:

If you ever make it up to mine ill show you a long walk with BIG fecking hills

just ask David ,,,,O and you have to keep an eye on the bulls

aint that right David :yes:

6500 acres you will need good boots lol :laugh:

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

any weekends good jon

im easy like a ten bob hooker....

you sort it with the big fella and get your self up :thumbs:

atb si

Im easy Jon i can work around you mate

any week end dose me bud

any weekends good jon

atb si

Ten bob?! Jeez. High end that :)

your not wrong Rez!

most put out for free up here on the off chance you get them up the duff and they can retire :laugh:

• Like 1

any weekends good jon

atb si

Im easy Jon i can work around you mate

any week end dose me bud

Happy days Jimmy :thumbs:

With staff holidays at this time of year, it will probably be after little 'uns gone back to school but, I'm well up for that :yes:

• Like 1

sounds like you enjoyed your selves

It was good Jeff :yes:

I do enjoy being out but, I sometimes find it hard to drag my arse out at the moment with the amount of work that I need to get done.

Always good to be out with like minded people :thumbs: