Garden Ratting

I have an old stone wall at the very bottom of my garden which a family of rats have moved into by excavating more cement out of the already weathered stonework creating a network of tunnels within

post-106473-0-38641700-1500896187_thumb.jpg

I've already taken one with a clean headshot leaving a small patch of wheat down as a bait point

post-106473-0-98763100-1500896280_thumb.jpg

My question to anyone reading is have you actually had any luck using these apart super baits for rats such as, nutella or peanut butter, I've found they only immediately take to whichever food source they initially moved in on for example, grain in a farm shed, or peanuts from a bird feeder

• Like 2

Some of the ratters will no more... But I would suspect your right. Ratters I know have good effect with the peanut butter route. Anything that the feckers cant drag away.

Love a bit of gory mukka :)

• Like 1

I was talking to an old school shooter I work with today and he suggested some sort of meat paste or blended up catfood, not sure the Mrs would go for me using the blender for that though haha and it was a funny angle I caught it on, definite headshot by the way the eyes are bulging but must have caught the jugular on route

Nice one mate, anything will do iv used peanut butter, margerine, gravy, butter, any sandwich spread, after a day or 2 as soon as they try any food they will go for it but as said by Rez it wants to be anything they have to lick or lap up nothing they can grab an run.

As it happens I've just put a little puddle of gravy down in a few spots because I don't have any peanut butter in, tree rats enjoyed that as their last meal haha but hoping the warm aroma of gravy will do the trick :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

That's a cracking corner there Gee - you couldn't ask for a better backstop :yes:

Get a deck chair, a rifle, some pellets and, a beer and, just wait for them to come out :thumbs:

It gets better I have short corridor leading up to my back door with another door about 6 feet back I can close off to keep the house warm and me out of any rain :)

• Like 1