8 replies to this topic

#1 keepitcovert

keepitcovert

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 12:26 pm

Looks like im going to have a glut of marrows on my plot, so has anyone made marrow rum and is it worth doing.

#2 neil cooney

neil cooney

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 01:40 pm

You mean to tell me there is actually a good reason to grow what is IMO the most tasteless vegetable there is ?

That I'd like to see.

#3 jok

jok

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 01:42 pm

We used to make illicit alcohol whilst in the Middle East. Basically consisted of fruit juice drained through a marrow or similar which was housed in a ladies stocking. Then over to the hired help who distilled it. Wonderful but totally blinding in content. Bet there are one or two on here who remember Sadiqui from late 70's early 80's. Fck that was a trip. Jok.

#4 neil cooney

neil cooney

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:25 pm

We used to make illicit alcohol whilst in the Middle East. Basically consisted of fruit juice drained through a marrow or similar which was housed in a ladies stocking. Then over to the hired help who distilled it. Wonderful but totally blinding in content. Bet there are one or two on here who remember Sadiqui from late 70's early 80's. Fck that was a trip. Jok.

After being drained through the marrow was it the ladies stocking that gave it flavour, LOL, sorry but I think marrows are tasteless.

• jok likes this

#5 jok

jok

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 09:40 pm

Neil. Strange but true. We were able to visit a supermarket type place where the ingredients were more or less next to each other, sugar. Molasses , yeast. I remember one of our help saying you are not what you are , you are a chemist. The noise from the the rooms , I wil admit,were, about gloop, gloop, gloop. The air locks never stopped. Anyway. W e got. Pissed everyday so all was good. They !I'll admit were strange times. Jok.

#6 j j m

j j m

No2 on the Thl welcoming committee.

• Donator
  • 19,468 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:22 pm

sounds good

#7 The one

The one

Honorary Life President of the THL New Member Welcoming Committe

• Donator
  • 39,111 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:36 am

I drink most things but dont fancy that at all  . what else can you do with  surplus marrows dump them on vegetarians  ?.

#8 tilimangro

tilimangro

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 894 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 04:31 pm

Chickens love em

#9 Jamie m

Jamie m

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 4,280 posts