Advice From .222 Shooters

.222 is a fine choice, and did hold the world benchrest accuracy record in the 50s, my mate has a CZ 527 in .222 and with Rem accutip rounds it will group 1/2 inch at 175 yards, the .222 is far from a dying round and still has a huge following, I would look at a nice, little used, CZ 527 as my first choice, reloading is far from the dark art it first appears to be, and there is lots of advice out there,my advice........... get yourself a rifle you are happy with, try a few different factory rounds in it to establish what it likes,save the cases from the preferred round, (as these will be the ones you shoot the most) and look into reloading at your leisure, most of all, enjoy it for what it is, a super accurate, sweet shooting, deadly little fox and small deer round.

• Like 2

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've done nearly that with factory ammo mate .Get whatever you want mate and don't listen to the boffins who wouldn't know a fox from a frog .

I'm a big fan of the 223 , I've got two one with a day scope and one with Night vision . If you have like you say done your research , and you believe that the 222 is the round for you , then fair eno

.222 is a fine choice, and did hold the world benchrest accuracy record in the 50s, my mate has a CZ 527 in .222 and with Rem accutip rounds it will group 1/2 inch at 175 yards, the .222 is far from a

.222 is a fine choice, and did hold the world benchrest accuracy record in the 50s, my mate has a CZ 527 in .222 and with Rem accutip rounds it will group 1/2 inch at 175 yards, the .222 is far from a dying round and still has a huge following, I would look at a nice, little used, CZ 527 as my first choice, reloading is far from the dark art it first appears to be, and there is lots of advice out there,my advice........... get yourself a rifle you are happy with, try a few different factory rounds in it to establish what it likes,save the cases from the preferred round, (as these will be the ones you shoot the most) and look into reloading at your leisure, most of all, enjoy it for what it is, a super accurate, sweet shooting, deadly little fox and small deer round.

Absolutely ?
  • Like 1

I'm popping to a different shop after work tomorrow which has a second hand cz 527 and an Annie 1740 but there's no rush.

I'm going to the game fair next Saturday for the first time, not sure what will be there but gonna have a look about

• Like 1

Good on you mate, the CZs are a cracking rifle, they really are, .222 is not really heavy on barrels, but I would get it borescoped if at all possible, just for your piece of mind, but those mini Mauser actions do take some beating, even better if you can try the rifle before buying,whatever you go for, good luck with it, you wont be disappointed with the .222

Good on you mate, the CZs are a cracking rifle, they really are, .222 is not really heavy on barrels, but I would get it borescoped if at all possible, just for your piece of mind, but those mini Mauser actions do take some beating, even better if you can try the rifle before buying,whatever you go for, good luck with it, you wont be disappointed with the .222

cheers Charlie

• Like 1

went to a different shop this evening and the two second hand rifles they had didn't look in great condition so have asked them to get some prices on new rifles.

In the mean time I've found out a guy I know through a friend is selling his tikka m595 as he is getting a t3 from someone he knows.

still following? lol

I'm ringing him later to have a chat so will keep you posted

went to a different shop this evening and the two second hand rifles they had didn't look in great condition so have asked them to get some prices on new rifles.

In the mean time I've found out a guy I know through a friend is selling his tikka m595 as he is getting a t3 from someone he knows.

still following? lol

Good gun, the 595. :thumbs:

still following? lol

Absolutely, may be quite heavy though!

still following? lol

would do.

Agree i think you could do a lot worse than the 595.

Edited by samphire
  • Like 1

Paid £500 which is probably a bit high but I know for a fact it's had less than 40 rounds through it. My mate brought it new many years ago and it's sat in his cabinet. Also came with an average scope and mounts.

Just put a mod on it and waiting for a night vision scope.