Another Night Foxing.

We went out for a few hours last night. Conditions were perfect. No moon to speak of, overcast and a bit cooler than it has been.

We got there just after dark but there was nothing much about. Half an hour later though and we started to see some eyeshine, but way off. We must have seen easily a dozen foxes either too far away or in unsuitable spots for shooting, along with a few roe.

We stuck with it and with excellent fieldcraft :D managed to get a few into range. We finished just before 1 a.m. and had 3 dogs and 2 vixens in the bag. Well pleased with that.

Result Walshie ,last 2 foxes i saw were backdropped by 3 houses and a field of horses :censored: ,and despite stinking sardines and rotting pigeons they havent been back whilst im there .You got them in the end :toast:

We stuck with it and with excellent fieldcraft :D managed to get a few into range. We finished just before 1 a.m. and had 3 dogs and 2 vixens in the bag. Well pleased with that.

Well done to you and the We walshie. It is good to see that the good old Air Gunners are not the only ones who are eloquent with a good old chinwag accompanied with images on cyberspace paper.

All the very best for you and yours

• Like 1

Result Walshie ,last 2 foxes i saw were backdropped by 3 houses and a field of horses :censored: ,and despite stinking sardines and rotting pigeons they havent been back whilst im there .You got them in the end :toast:

It's almost like they know what a backstop is. Teasing you by not being lampshy and not moving about when they know you can't take the shot. There was one just sat staring at us from the top of a mound about 150 yards away. All I could see behind him was sky. Would he walk down the mound so I could take a shot? Would he hell. :wallbash:

• 3 weeks later...