Fac Renewal / Shotgun Add

Lads, got a renewal coming up very shortly, and i want to add a shotgun. Do need to stipulate whether i want a Semi auto or a pump action on the form or can i simply say fac shotgun? Im 90% sure i want a semi but i want a play with a pump first.

Cheers in advance

If you get granted a shot gun cert you can have any shot gun you want. You can also have as many as you want, there is no restriction on number. The only thing that limits your number is the size of cabinet.

If you get granted a shot gun cert you can have any shot gun you want. You can also have as many as you want, there is no restriction on number. The only thing that limits your number is the size of cabinet.

I'm sure he was talking about adding a Section 1 shotgun to his FAC, in which case that's not correct.

Or more likely I got the wrong end of the stick.

You must say the unrestricted FAC shotgun is required for 'the destruction of winged vermin' (at least in Devon & Cornwall)& no an unrestricted shotgun is just that, pump or semi.

My shooting buddy has a Berreta Extrema on an FAC with an extension mag it's 8 + 1 on 2 & 1 /2" shells, front heavy and not my scene.

But hey it's up to you?

You must say the unrestricted FAC shotgun is required for 'the destruction of winged vermin' (at least in Devon & Cornwall)& no an unrestricted shotgun is just that, pump or semi.

My shooting buddy has a Berreta Extrema on an FAC with an extension mag it's 8 + 1 on 2 & 1 /2" shells, front heavy and not my scene.

But hey it's up to you?

No you don't. Mine just says Fox and vermin.

I'm sure he was talking about adding a Section 1 shotgun to his FAC, in which case that's not correct.

Or more likely I got the wrong end of the stick.

Yep, I see it now. I was reading it different......if you know what I mean :-)

• Like 2

But hey it's up to you?

No you don't. Mine just says Fox and vermin.

Seems to depend on which force you are with. The H.O. guidance does say the primary reason has to be for bird pests, then once that good reason is established they add on mammals. Maybe it's a newish thing, but mine says avian pests and AOLQ.

Practical Shotgun is also a prime reason for S1. Obviously if you do want to shoot both practical and birds, need the correct variation.

Don't forget, you can only shoot vermin bird species with S1. Game birds and wildfowl are illegal.

Practical Shotgun is also a prime reason for S1. Obviously if you do want to shoot both practical and birds, need the correct variation.

Don't forget, you can only shoot vermin bird species with S1. Game birds and wildfowl are illegal.

Only if he gets a semi. That doesn't apply to pump action.

• 1 month later...