Sign in to follow this  

It seems this year has been a good breeding year for jackdaws,there is flocks of 100 plus and they have been given the barley more than usual damage , a large flock can clean off many square yards if not disturbed .When shooting them they are easy to decoy with dead birds but they will swoop in in batches of 20 plus making difficult shots has to which one to shoot. Is this problem country wide or is it to just certain areas .I would say that the rise in the jackdaw population is mostly due to the mild winters.

Feltwad

seen a load yesterday dropping in a wheat field, tjey hammering it :yes:

We have got hundreds apon hundreds along with thousands of there black cousins, they start of decoying fairly easily but soon wise up , one or two shots and they are gone . The pheasants are out to wood so there's plenty of food , the ducks have just gone out which means more food not to mention the cover crops which they have fcuking wrecked ...I've been chasing them for weeks ..

We have got hundreds apon hundreds along with thousands of there black cousins, they start of decoying fairly easily but soon wise up , one or two shots and they are gone . The pheasants are out to wood so there's plenty of food , the ducks have just gone out which means more food not to mention the cover crops which they have fcuking wrecked ...I've been chasing them for weeks ..

Have you tried a crow trap where they are feeding bait it with bread once one is in others will follow you can catch a lot which can 100+ or nothing always remember it must be visited at least once a day

Feltwad

A lot about this year, few less now. Went old school on them with an old Webley :victory:

post-31417-0-19935200-1500626338.jpg

• Like 3

A lot about this year, few less now. Went old school on them with an old Webley :victory:

attachicon.gifjackdaws.JPG

Good keep up the good work there is still plenty left

Feltwad

They have decimated all of the song bird nests in my garden this year we'll jackdaws and the odd magpie and they plague my feeder, they can eat a feeder full with 5 fatballs in a matter of hours, they really are the thorn in my side lately!