Would Love Some Information On The Cz 452 .22Lr !

Mine really groups well with Eleys but they seem to gum it up with the waxy coating after a few rounds and I get the odd case not extracting. I'm trying CCI subs at the moment and it seems to cycle them nicely.

I have the CZ452 heavy 16 inch barrel Varmint iin HMR. Once I'd fitted the trigger kit and eased the stock, which was touching the barrel on the left hand side, it has been extremely accurate, even surviving a couple of bullets stuck in the barrel, due to the dreaded HMR split cases. The 452 bolt action is smooth and precise to use. Mine is still feeding and ejecting perfectly after ten year's use.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey guys,

so i'm thinking of purchasing a cz 452 .22lr for vermin shooting. Whats your guys opinion this rimfire ? What sort of ammunition does it like or prefer or can you feed it anything ? Also the rifle has iron sights on the end of the barrel , can these be chopped and then threaded for a moderator or will this effect the rifles performance ? or is there a different way of approaching this ?

Any information would be much appreciated !

Cheers guys.

. TBH I'd buy a factory screwcut version S/H they are easy to find and yes they are a cracking LR.

Hey guys,

so i'm thinking of purchasing a cz 452 .22lr for vermin shooting. Whats your guys opinion this rimfire ? What sort of ammunition does it like or prefer or can you feed it anything ? Also the rifle has iron sights on the end of the barrel , can these be chopped and then threaded for a moderator or will this effect the rifles performance ? or is there a different way of approaching this ?

Any information would be much appreciated !

Cheers guys.

If buying new, it will be old stock, as 452 has been replaced by the 455. You get a three year warranty with CZ. I bought a couple of screwcut Synthetic 16" 455's earlier in the year and the "soft touch" feels good. Shoot bang on with Eley