Hi all I've recently been given a lovely webley tracker. I've had it in the garden and shot at a 25 litre drum at 10 yards and it doesn't penetrate the plastic drum. I've had air rifles previously running at 10.7 ft lb and they pierce the plastic no problem.

I've replaced springs in under levers and break barrels before but never a side lever. Is the process very similar and is their anything in particular that'll help with a little power gain.

At the moment it shoots like a dream and is surprisingly quiet for a old springer. I'm intending on shooting rabbits and rats upto max 25-30 yards but feel at the moment with the lack of power she isn't going to do the job humanely.

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Dan

Firstly. Any images?! Of the Tracker... damn right old favs of mine them. The weight at the end, the shape... everything. Proper nintezz.

Second, might you know what power it is doing? Like over the crono?

Third. You have to hit the drum mate :D

Even if its doing 8-9 it should bang holes in the plastic, but like you say, perhaps not enough for bugs at 25 paces. Once its crono'd you'll know more I would suspect.

Cheers Rez. I've just tested my daughter's cometa on same drum and they don't penetrate either. It is very hard plastic drum. I haven't got a chrono unfortunately. As for pics I'll get some up this afternoon. It is a lovely bit of kit.

Anyone have a over barrel chrono I can lend?

Kind regards

Dan

• Like 1

Cheers Rez. I've just tested my daughter's cometa on same drum and they don't penetrate either. It is very hard plastic drum. I haven't got a chrono unfortunately. As for pics I'll get some up this afternoon. It is a lovely bit of kit.

Kind regards

Dan

Surprisingly nobody's suggested the yellow pages chronologically tested approach. Lol

You might have to get a rfd to run it through mate if you're unsure of the power, but if you're just plinking so long as it's smooth it's joy.

Enjoy it

DJ

• Like 2

Thanks DJ. I want to use it alongside my fac rifles and with the kids with their air rifles for a little rabbit and rat shooting. But I'll definitely have to chrono it 1st. Ive got to go my local rfd next week for some .22-250 ammo so will take it along with me.

I filled a couple of cans with water and it goes straight threw at 10 yards lol. I imagine it will have enough power within 25 yard limit it's certainly got the accuracy so that's the main thing lol

• Like 1

Kind regards

Dan

Surprisingly nobody's suggested the yellow pages chronologically tested approach. Lol

You might have to get a rfd to run it through mate if you're unsure of the power, but if you're just plinking so long as it's smooth it's joy.

Enjoy it

DJ

Yellow pages. Ha! If it gets to the Cock Enlargers then it's bang on... etc...

I wanted too Durham... but darent as Ive learnt not to be so sarcastic when it comes to answering posts. Some can't take it hard up the trumper with banter and take offense... :D

Not your shropshire.