National Three Peaks

Well done, good effort and a tidy sum raised for charity. The obvious question now is what's next ?

cheers mate I'm fancying Kilimanjaro tbh but the Mrs ain't as keen to let me go haha that's definitely one for the bucket list tho
You need to man up a bit ? I done Kili three years ago, it was a great experience. It's a piece of piss really, although the summit night's a bit of a slog I got a bit altitude sick at the top.
  • Like 1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Earlier this year I lost someone very close to me to the big C, so in memory of him and to raise funds to beat this b*****d of a disease I'm doing the 3 peaks anyone done it or got any tips or experie

Evening all ain't been on in a while but thought I'd give you an update on how it went I competed it anyway haha it was hard work but I did enjoy it traveling was a complete c**t mind oh and Ben Nevis

Had a crack. Did Nevis then drove to the lakes and did scarfell pike. By that point it was about 10pm I think and I was too fatigued to keep driving so I had to let one of the other lads drive us to W

Posted Images

Well done, good effort and a tidy sum raised for charity. The obvious question now is what's next ?

cheers mate I'm fancying Kilimanjaro tbh but the Mrs ain't as keen to let me go haha that's definitely one for the bucket list tho
You need to man up a bit ? I done Kili three years ago, it was a great experience. It's a piece of piss really, although the summit night's a bit of a slog I got a bit altitude sick at the top.
im the boss in the house buddy well when she ain't there anyway ?, a lad I done the three peaks with said exactly the same as you pal, great experience camps ready every night for you but he struggled with altitude bad aswel, something I will definitely do in the future though ?
  • Like 1

Which was the easiest and which the hardest

ben Nevis seems to never end,scarfel very step and loose under foot, and snowdens in between the both but because it was the last one and I was bolloxed I found that the most difficult but best view wise
  • Like 2

Ben Nevis is pretty straight forward to get to and to climb is a piece of piss in reality

Scafell can be a variable route , you can come over the top or along the corridor , I prefer to do neither and to go light and attack from the right side , a good way if your not intending on stopping long and easily achieved if a nice day

Snowdon is a bimble to be honest, strange enough I preffer to stay away from the well known places now and get more satisfaction on Skye or a snowy Munro than I do In getting a well known lakes peak

Additionally Kilimanjaro reared its head again,

I went up two years ago now and really enjoyed it, however, you will get the dreaded altitude sickness , it's completely inevitable and takes no prisoners , I got it really bad going over the chimney on the lakosha trail and suffered for two days , the summitting night was emotional as well as we raced up and became summit cast for 2 hrs before the sun rise

• Like 2