National Three Peaks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Earlier this year I lost someone very close to me to the big C, so in memory of him and to raise funds to beat this b*****d of a disease I'm doing the 3 peaks anyone done it or got any tips or experie

Evening all ain't been on in a while but thought I'd give you an update on how it went I competed it anyway haha it was hard work but I did enjoy it traveling was a complete c**t mind oh and Ben Nevis

Had a crack. Did Nevis then drove to the lakes and did scarfell pike. By that point it was about 10pm I think and I was too fatigued to keep driving so I had to let one of the other lads drive us to W

Posted Images

Well done! How are your quads? :D

wish I took the quad tbh pal ?, my groins were the worst mate Duno if I slightly pulled them but I was in a world of pain coming down snowden oh and my knees felt like they'd been hit by a sledgehammer, great experience though
  • Like 1

And don't be a hero or fall for some other c**ts advice on scarfell about deviating from the worn path. We asked one chap coming off what was the best way because the main path looked boring as f**k and he sent us up the f***ing steep Ridge on the left. Two lads flat out jacked on that bit. Lol

Looking at scarfel with your back to wast water or the other side looking towards?

That ridge if I'm guessing right which one you mean is called the lords rake and that goat path going up it is a cnut ? Coming down it is a lot more fun ;)

And don't be a hero or fall for some other c**ts advice on scarfell about deviating from the worn path. We asked one chap coming off what was the best way because the main path looked boring as f**k and he sent us up the f***ing steep Ridge on the left. Two lads flat out jacked on that bit. Lol

Looking at scarfel with your back to wast water or the other side looking towards?

That ridge if I'm guessing right which one you mean is called the lords rake and that goat path going up it is a cnut Coming down it is a lot more fun ;)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=1C1LDJZ_enGB669GB669&biw=1262&bih=457&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=scafell+pike+path&oq=scafell+pike+path&gs_l=psy-ab.3...109932.111114.0.111386.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0.DIrTogTZJ_E#imgrc=HOJhvpflPALXuM:

I'm not clued up on exactly what's what but off of that picture some time after the footbridge and before Lingmel Gill crossing we left the trail and turned left going straight up to the ridge. I suppose we basically summited Lingmel because we kept going up and then followed the top to Scarfell Pike summit.

I remember it being hard going! As I said, two of the four of our group jacked it half way up that bit, gave us their water and wished us luck. LOL

They just weren't fit enough or used to long days in the field but equally it was a stupid idea to go up there. A lack of proper planning and a "meh f**k it" attitude.

That ridge if I'm guessing right which one you mean is called the lords rake and that goat path going up it is a cnut Coming down it is a lot more fun ;)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=1C1LDJZ_enGB669GB669&biw=1262&bih=457&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=scafell+pike+path&oq=scafell+pike+path&gs_l=psy-ab.3...109932.111114.0.111386.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0.DIrTogTZJ_E#imgrc=HOJhvpflPALXuM:

I'm not clued up on exactly what's what but off of that picture some time after the footbridge and before Lingmel Gill crossing we left the trail and turned left going straight up to the ridge. I suppose we basically summited Lingmel because we kept going up and then followed the top to Scarfell Pike summit.

I remember it being hard going! As I said, two of the four of our group jacked it half way up that bit, gave us their water and wished us luck. LOL

They just weren't fit enough or used to long days in the field but equally it was a stupid idea to go up there. A lack of proper planning and a "meh f**k it" attitude.

Ah back to wast water. Lords rake is to the right and yes up there can be very dangerous for the uninitiated and the initiated Mate ;)

Met some right fuucking idiots up there; at the wrong time of day/year, with the wrong clothes.

Ah back to wast water. Lords rake is to the right and yes up there can be very dangerous for the uninitiated and the initiated Mate ;)

Met some right fuucking idiots up there; at the wrong time of day/year, with the wrong clothes.

Character building... :laugh:

Character building... :laugh:

I've been caught out up there and up helvelyn before now. Once had to sit a blizzard out that came from nowhere. Luckily I am always prepared and had a large split bivvie bag. Made a shelter got a brew on and relaxed for an hour or so. Wandering around, when you can't see shit and there's a couple of long drops you don't want to stumble upon is not character building :laugh:

You're putting me off going up in September born lol

You'll be sound, it's a cracking mountain in fairness. I'll go up again one day soon. I think early doors is the key, miss all the tourists.

yea you'll be fine mate just take it easy and enjoy it take plenty of grub like snacks and fluids maybe a flask if your gunna stop a few times and take extra clothing because two thirds of the way up it will get really cold, hope the rain fucks off for you aswel haha ?
  • Like 1

is that it pal if so some dopey b*****d was climbing it 10 pm in the pitch black when we were coming down stupid imo

post-96463-0-95401300-1503314012_thumb.jpg