Cz527 22 Hornet

I think my Hornet is turning out to be my most accurate rifle.

A few weeks ago I bought some H&N 45gr bullets which were cheap as chips at £52 per 1,000. Had them a while because I needed a Lee Case Neck Expanding Die which arrived last week.

Wasn't expecting much from them due to being so cheap. Bought some S&B brass a while back too. Only seemed to have a small case capacity and didn't get on well with my usual Lil Gun and 40gr V-Max bullets so I chucked them to one side. I had some H110 kicking around too, which I hadn't touched since developing a good load with Lil Gun.

Knocked a few test loads together over the weekend and was very surprised by the results. Turns out I underestimated the H&N bullets. Glad I kept the S&B brass and H110, too.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByfcwL3GayrWc21zWHdmZHZ3d28/view?usp=drivesdk

Edited by Elliott
  • Like 2

I think my Hornet is turning out to be my most accurate rifle.

A few weeks ago I bought some H&N 45gr bullets which were cheap as chips at £52 per 1,000. Had them a while because I needed a Lee Case Neck Expanding Die which arrived last week.

Wasn't expecting much from them due to being so cheap. Bought some S&B brass a while back too. Only seemed to have a small case capacity and didn't get on well with my usual Lil Gun and 40gr V-Max bullets so I chucked them to one side. I had some H110 kicking around too, which I hadn't touched since developing a good load with Lil Gun.

Knocked a few test loads together over the weekend and was very surprised by the results. Turns out I underestimated the H&N bullets. Glad I kept the S&B brass and H110, too.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByfcwL3GayrWc21zWHdmZHZ3d28/view?usp=drivesdk

Got a link to those bullets?

Impressive barrel you have screwed to that 527 ?

I love mine, first rifle I reach for,destroys fox, I have used the 35 grn vmax and 40 grn, the 35 grn is a brilliant little round, the 40 grn I found slightly more acurate, it's strange for me I used 243 for many years, then I stepped down to 222 for my fox rifle, then moved to 223, which I have with night vision, however I kill foxes regularly to 200yd with the hornet, 35 grn drops them straight down normally, it's accurate enough to take crow consistently at good ranges,it is a brilliant vermin gun, and I do not know why I didn't buy one earlier,it sits next to my 6.5x55, in the gun cupboard, and is my main vermin workhorse,I will this yr try a lot of different loads in it, a very underestimated round, a classic round well worth a try,

• Like 2

Had mine awhile, I've been stocking up on 35gr, 40gr heads and just bought a 1000 of the H&N rounds to try...

Plan to make some rounds up and try the small pistol primers , see if there a little better than the small rifle ones..

What brass are you lads using, I've been using winchester and pup, supposedly the remington brass has the largest case capacity if you want to ram more lil gun in...

Winchester seems decent and that's what I use. I just reused the factory ammo that came with the rifle when I bought it a year or so ago. They've been loaded loads of times now and are still going strong.

Ppu are available from Henry kranks.

Always fancied a try of them especially after how good the 357 brass was.

Years ago now I used RWS brass, that lasted very well.

everytime I ring kranks he hasn't got it, I havnt tried for a while mind, anyone tried tim hannan's,