Ask Wilf for a look at his range ?im after a pellet and log burner. For the last 13 winters ive had a 9kw one its been a good friend. Takes 50cm logs, done a couple of trailer loads today!

Arada stoves are superb, but not many folk know they make Hamlet stoves, which are identical but cheaper and only sold through agri stores etc. Try dealing direct or checking their ebay store.

I`ve a Hamlet solution 12 boiler stove.

Love it.

Big is,nt always best I have a 12kw villager bought it second hand for £200 it's about £1700 new it will take logs upto about 2 ft long but it's either roaring and your sweating your nads off and feeding wood in like Casey Jones or its just glowing red and struggling to stay lit, I have a tiny little one in a smaller place that runs at full pelt takes a minimum of fuel is very controllable and probably warms the place more efficiently than the big beast, I,m going to make one from an old gas bottle for my man cave soon and see how that goes, I quite like those wood pellet stoves but for me it's all about free heat and I still have,nt found the tree that grows those pellets yet, I source a few logs but mostly burn skip wast timber sometimes I even get paid to take it away and warm the house win win

Big is,nt always best I have a 12kw villager bought it second hand for £200 it's about £1700 new it will take logs upto about 2 ft long but it's either roaring and your sweating your nads off and feeding wood in like Casey Jones or its just glowing red and struggling to stay lit, I have a tiny little one in a smaller place that runs at full pelt takes a minimum of fuel is very controllable and probably warms the place more efficiently than the big beast, I,m going to make one from an old gas bottle for my man cave soon and see how that goes, I quite like those wood pellet stoves but for me it's all about free heat and I still have,nt found the tree that grows those pellets yet, I source a few logs but mostly burn skip wast timber sometimes I even get paid to take it away and warm the house win win

It depends what your burning, what your heating, how much control you have on the fire......

Your villager sounded wrong until I read what you was burning, I can shut the draught on chimney, on the flue and on the fire itself, it burns as hot/fast or slow/cool as I want, ideal for me heating a large farmhouse as its central in the house and heats a lot of the rooms, happily burn overnight when shut down, takes half metre logs, less work prepping the wood, perfect for me, each scenario is different though

Uk stoves all the way. Nextdoor bought a chinese job, supposed to be the biggest heat output you can get.

It's big as a washing machine, incinerates anything put in it in seconds and in winter they wear coats in the same room as it. They only stop from freezing to death by the work involved in 'feeding' it.

Biggest pile of shite ever bought!!

I'm looking to buy a Clearview stove. For the living room and just bought a hardly used Stovax for a ton for the back room. ;)

It's important to get the right size stove for the room. Formula is volume in cubic metres divided by between 10 (poorly insulated) and 25 (modern very well insulated) = kw rating. Shutting a burner down low tends to result in poor combustion which makes a lot of soot. If diy installing, put plenty of thought into how the appliance is going to be swept. If the chimney is not lined, put decent doors in the register plate with room for small buckets underneath to remove the soot when swept - having to remove the appliance to sweep is not the done thing these days it's a gigantic PITA and is difficult to control the soot when sweeping. The HETAS training for installers is not bad and most of them do a good job these days, much better than what was going on 10+ years ago, so worth considering paying to have it done if budget allows. And don't forget carbon monoxide / smoke detector :thumbs:

• Like 1

It's important to get the right size stove for the room. Formula is volume in cubic metres divided by between 10 (poorly insulated) and 25 (modern very well insulated) = kw rating. Shutting a burner down low tends to result in poor combustion which makes a lot of soot. If diy installing, put plenty of thought into how the appliance is going to be swept. If the chimney is not lined, put decent doors in the register plate with room for small buckets underneath to remove the soot when swept - having to remove the appliance to sweep is not the done thing these days it's a gigantic PITA and is difficult to control the soot when sweeping. The HETAS training for installers is not bad and most of them do a good job these days, much better than what was going on 10+ years ago, so worth considering paying to have it done if budget allows. And don't forget carbon monoxide / smoke detector :thumbs:

having a hetas installer ensures you still have house insurance. Many insurance companies will void it if not.