Pickup Passenger Access

Just thought I would ask, to see what's out there, or if anyone knows of any website that would steer me in right direction, I am about to buy a hilux pickup, being no stranger to pickups, Mitsi's l200 that is, The issue I have is the monster in law, inevitably I have on occasion to do the shopping run to Asda, or local shops, where on arrival she disembarks from the vehicle, like she is from a noted British army regiment, and plods off into the shop at a fare rate of knots, the issue is getting back into the pickup, mine has side steps, and the new one will be the same, Does anyone know of any other thing I can get to assist her getting back in, it's a fare climb up for the old lass,but I do not want a big contraption, that's daft to use,I did offer to buy her a trolley, and tow her home like she was dog sledding but that didn't work, she's racked with arthritis, but won't slow down, i am sure other people on here will have come across the same problem at some point or in the future, so thought I would ask,

it seems to be the only option that, but when she gets up into the side step, it looks like she is going to fall backwards,

Have a search of Car Cane Mobility Aid on Google. There's a few types between Argos and EBay. Handy contraption to give another handle to getting on and out.

shes just tried one and to be honest not that brilliant

There's a gadget on the shopping channel about some thing fits on door mechanicism that helps you in & out claw something, ,, feck me that's sounds a bit sad like I watch the shopping channel lol