My German Short Hair, - Kaiser On A "day Off From Hunting".

Took my working GSP to the beach at Formby for a chill out and bond, on a hot, hot day, yesterday.

I picked out a shore crab or two, then a shrimp or two,- that was it, he was hunting for crabs and shrimps ! :laugh:

post-85710-0-91488100-1499978282.jpg

post-85710-0-09852700-1499978305.jpg

Then a good run around when there was nothing to hunt.

post-85710-0-77719100-1499978408.jpg

THEN, HE CLOCKED THE SHORE WADERS :D:laugh: !

"Kaiser on tour" ! :yes::good:

post-85710-0-26407300-1499978552.jpg

" Once a hunting dog, always, a hunting dog"

atb Mark.

• Like 8

I took my 2 labs and the springer down to the local lake last wk for a bit of a swim about just to cool them down and get the lab pup some swimming training done.I was throwing in the dummy for the pup and the bitch and the springer was actually hunting the hell out of a ditch that held plenty of rabbits so i left her to it.I threw the dummy in 1 direction for the pup and then a stick in the other for the pups mother.I was consentrating on the pup and not the bitch and when the pup returned with the dummy i turned to see the bitch was about 200yds out in the lake and still going.I whistled her but she ignored me and it was then i noticed a fish jump about 30yds in front of her and it was then i realised it was the fish jumping that had taken her so far out she thinking it was a dummy hiting the water.I walked around a small bay where it took me closer to her and whistled her again and when she turned to me threw a stick in as far as i could and she came to it and back in to me.She is a big strong bitch with loads of water work done as she is gone 6 year old but at 1 stage she must have been 200-300 yds out and only a dot in the water and was actually as near to the far shore as she was to me so i was geting slightly worried.