Bushing Dogs Or Other Breeds For Beating

• 2 weeks later...

Some of poodle xs will Bush ,mushroom on here used a staffy , people have used alsations and collies in past.

true, both my lurcher are 1/2 xs and the alsatian and the collie comes through them alot, as both have good noses for finding game, and Buck my big 1x gsd x grey goes into cover , yeh thats right lol just like a over grown springer lol . But i have seen few big springers and labs when beating thats gone in cover , so it was no surprise to see my 2 dogs doing the same job.And infact ive had some great bit of sport with them mooching etc, norm Buck goes in and knock out whats in there and old Bryn will grab it it when it bolts out great crack deff :thumbs:

walkwithbird103_zpsurexo534.jpg

DSCN0462_zpsvl73zt2y.jpg

Buck going in/under the cover lol , he gets down low as you can see , feck knows how does it lol

• Like 4

Some of poodle xs will Bush ,mushroom on here used a staffy , people have used alsations and collies in past.

true, both my lurcher are 1/2 xs and the alsatian and the collie comes through them alot, as both have good noses for finding game, and Buck my big 1x gsd x grey goes into cover , yeh thats right lol just like a over grown springer lol . But i have seen few big springers and labs when beating thats gone in cover , so it was no surprise to see my 2 dogs doing the same job.And infact ive had some great bit of sport with them mooching etc, norm Buck goes in and knock out whats in there and old Bryn will grab it it when it bolts out great crack deff :thumbs:

DSCN0462_zpsvl73zt2y.jpg

Buck going in/under the cover lol , he gets down low as you can see , feck knows how does it lol

I suppose its because hes got good conformation and is built right for movement. Im guessing he is not crossed with a show Alsation?

DSCN0462_zpsvl73zt2y.jpg

I suppose its because hes got good conformation and is built right for movement. Im guessing he is not crossed with a show Alsation?

true mate, his dam as alot of East/Europe lines in her ped 24in strong black bitch , more like the old type Alsatian , his sire is 29 in greyhound Razzmatazz top greyhound .

his damgsd%20bitch%20%203%20year%20old_zpsrk8cz

I have been fortunate enough to beat on some very big shoots days & the dogs have been the usual mix of spaniels & labs. However when it came to areas we knew to be be holding hundreds of birds in a tiny area the best dog was the terriers used by one of the lads.

These were dogs used on several of the local hunts so they had no interest in any of the birds and just pottered about gently bumb flushing a few birds at a time.....perfect. Some of them did go a bit AWOL if we came across ground game :laugh:

Has anyone ever worked or seen work successfully any Unusual breeds or the bushing type x breeds rather than the usual gundog breeds used for Beating?

Used most of the lurchers for this task,...however, it is a short lived career,...shit (or rather Deer) usually hits the fan... :whistling:

When this occurs, the dogs get relegated to picking up,..their days of complete freedom are then over... :laugh:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 5