Shotgun Refusal

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah , I think if you told the fao it was your right to have one and he couldn't turn you down because you've done nothing wrong he'd find a reason soon enough

A SGC is an entitlement, they must give it to you when you ask for one unless they can provide evidence that you should not have one issued.   Basically, don`t take any of their crap.

But don't be cocky about it   Cheers, D.

Reset. Selling stolen goods.

Best thing you could do is call your firearms team and have a chat. I wouldn't have thought it would make a difference.

I had assault . Shouting swearing at the police . Couple of breaches a drink driving charge.. that was 17 years ago though but the officer brought it all up and i had to explain myself. I did have a charge 6 years ago but was tbrown out of court .. he knew about that but didnt ask anything..GIVE IT go Edited by bobajob

going a little of course here but my sc is due and doc wants £70 for medical form thing now my firearms is due in dec and the cops have said i will need her to do another for it which will mean another £70 asked to make them co terminus but because the sc is months before the fire arm i would need to surrender and apply when renewing my firearms, sacs said it not right but police scotland say its what they want

Edited by onion jonny

going a little of course here but my sc is due and doc wants £70 for medical form thing now my firearms is due in dec and the cops have said i will need her to do another for it which will mean another £70 asked to make them co terminus but because the sc is months before the fire arm i would need to surrender and apply when renewing my firearms, sacs said it not right but police scotland say its what they want

BASC advice is refuse to pay. Apparently they're not supposed to charge for Firearm reports:

https://basc.org.uk/blog/press-releases/latest-news/basc-says-dont-pay-medical-fee/

BASC advice is refuse to pay. Apparently they're not supposed to charge for Firearm reports:

https://basc.org.uk/blog/press-releases/latest-news/basc-says-dont-pay-medical-fee/

Refuse to pay and the officer wont have any medical information on you so youl get refused certificate. Dont give them any excuses .

Quote from Bobajob:

Refuse to pay and the officer wont have any medical information on you so youl get refused certificate. Dont give them any excuses .

Incorrect according to the BASC - no charges is agreed between the BMA, Police, BASC and Home Office. The BASC state if a doctor refuses to supply a report after 21 days it's presumed there are no medical issues:

BASC advises applicants to refuse to pay any fee demanded. Should the doctor refuse to participate without money, the guidance states that after 21 days, if there is no response from the doctor, it will be assumed that there are no medical issues.

Check with the BASC the advice still holds true as this is a 2016 produced advice leaflet.

Ensure your friend has Licensing Insurance before he applies. That way you're protected financially from problems. Yep the BASC costs £70, but at least you get 1yrs Insurance cover, a magazine and other benefits. Pay the doctor and all you get is the report and fuel them charging you and others in the future. Plus your friend may have issues with his application and history in any event so he needs licensing insurance.

Alternatively get him to look at SACS although I'm not sure they still cover licensing issues looking at their web site. You'd need to check.

Either way, if he pays the doctor, you cause doctors to charge in future. Personally, I'd rather argue the case with BASC / SACS backing than simply fuel further charging against myself and others.

Edited by Alsone
  • Like 1
  • 7 months later...