Wasps Can Get You Manslaughter!!

Just read in the latest edition of "Pest" (if you don't get it - go to www.pestmagazine.co.uk - its FREE)

About a wasp nest removal man being convicted of manslaughter in Switzerland!!

While dealing with a nest and trying to remove off a friends balcony, wasps attacked an elderly couple on another balcony resulting in the husband dying from anaphylattic shock 2 days later.

So I guess, the morale is always informing neighbours of your intent. and if treating a nest near a pavement/walkway then do late in evening and then cordon off, As soon as a pestie either dusts/sprays/removes they are liable

Whilst I feel it is a, responsable mode of behaviour to let folk ,(who are in the imediate vicinity of a treated nest),...know that it would be wise to keep out of the way, just for a short while,..it is simply not feasable to walk up and down the road, knocking on doors and causing mayhem and panic, to all and sundry.... :laugh::laugh:

However,...with regard to many of our applications,.for Modern Pesters,..it is a legal minefield out there,...we do have to be careful :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 2

I got called out to a nest on a town high street at 5 pm as everyone was going home many years ago, needless to say I told them no way it's being done now I'll do it first thing in the morning! Did it at 4am so the risk was minimal to Joe public, good job I did as it exploded with wasps ?

Many folk would just have treated it?

I got called out to a nest on a town high street at 5 pm as everyone was going home many years ago, needless to say I told them no way it's being done now I'll do it first thing in the morning! Did it at 4am so the risk was minimal to Joe public, good job I did as it exploded with wasps ?

Many folk would just have treated it?

I'm so up against it these days with time I most most likely would

They can get YOU slaughtered too!

I remember years ago trying to remove a live nest from a hay bale store. The jaspers had built a nice nest between two bales at the front of a small stack and the customer didn't want Ficam on her horse chow. Like a dick I said I could just slip the thing into a binbag and job would be a good un.

Well when I pulled those bales apart it just ripped the nest open and those feckers went mental. They were actually hanging off me gauntlets by their stings. On top of that a couple got in me bee suit via the little Velcro flap that goes over where the three zips meet. Luckily it was a rural area and no-one saw me running across a field punching myself in the head to crush the feckers while a little cloud of their mates buzzed merrily behind.

I don't know what I was thinking of to attempt such a twattish thing to save the woman a fiver. Never again.

• Like 1

Haha. Good story that LoJ. I like little tales like that. I nearly made a knob of myself earlier today, got a call for mice so knocked on door and had a look round their kitchen at the droppings etc then went out to get my gear from my van and walked straight into the neighbours house. Luckily no-one was there. Hahaha

• Like 1